BET-SD I mean HD *cough cough*

When they first launched the World Fishing Network, I did not see much HD at first.
I checked it the other night more programming was in HD.

WFN..........jeez, I have not watched that channel once, I don't even know what channel number it is.

Are there really any fishing network fans out there?

I understand fishing..........but a 24/7 network on watching someone else fish..........:)

I believe there are currently 3 real HD programs on a regular basis on BET-HD. Not that I watch them. Presumably they plan on expanding. Not sure why BET-J hasn't shown any, even they have to zoom them on their own, as they show plenty of programs that are letterboxed.

WFN..........jeez, I have not watched that channel once, I don't even know what channel number it is.

Are there really any fishing network fans out there?

I understand fishing..........but a 24/7 network on watching someone else fish..........:)
Here in Florida, there is a huge industry that caters to anglers. No matter where you are in South Florida you are less than a mile away from fish holding water. Many fishing shows are produced by local guides so there is much information that can be gleamed from those shows. In addition, many of my neighbors compete in BASS, Redfish Cup, and other tournaments. You would be shocked by how many people attend the weigh-ins. Other parts of the US have the same sort of devotion to the sport. In the upper Midwest they have Walleye Trail events. If you head due East from Philly you will encounter some of the finest fly fishing waters in the world accompanied by shops and guides.

Yes there is a market for WFN.

When they first launched the World Fishing Network, I did not see much HD at first.
I checked it the other night more programming was in HD.

There was no WFN-HD at the time DISH "launched" it. It was an SD-only channel. Note that it now has an "WFN-HD" bug, but when it first launched, it just said "WFN". As soon as the bug changed, there was suddenly a large amount of HD programming.

I am positive this is the case with BET-J. First of all, why would Viacom launch BET-J when they were still weeks away from launching BET-HD? Also, if you Google "BET-J HD", you will find NOTHING that is not related to DISH. (AVS added it to their chart, but only after DISH "launched" it.) Viacom has never made any announcements about this channel, and it wasn't even rumored before that retailer chat.

Basically, BET-J HD doesn't actually exist yet. I've posted this about 20 times, but I will be happy to retract it if ANYBODY can produce any evidence to the contrary.

I am soooo glad VOOM was removed to free up room for this stuff. :rolleyes

(sorry for bringing it up but it had to be said)

Not sure why BET-J hasn't shown any, even they have to zoom them on their own, as they show plenty of programs that are letterboxed.

That's actually a good sign. WFN showed a ton of letterboxed programming as well before WFN-HD actually started up. That probably means BET-J actually has plenty of HD programming, they just need an HD feed to show them on.

I am over it, just as over it as I am about the amount of HD on BET.

sorry for the duplicate entry, the forum software seems to like to do that sometimes when a post is edited. I deleted the old one.

No, I don't think it "had to be said" at all. VOOM is dead, get over it.

The only thing worse than people who can't stop talking about VOOM is people who can't stop whining about the people who can't stop talking about VOOM.

It's a perfectly valid point in this case, because we're talking about one of the Platinum channels. Admittedly, it's a point that's been driven into the ground, but it's a point. Your point seems to be that any opinion that's different from yours is not worth posting. Which is kind of pathetic.

I believe there are currently 3 real HD programs on a regular basis on BET-HD. Not that I watch them. Presumably they plan on expanding. Not sure why BET-J hasn't shown any, even they have to zoom them on their own, as they show plenty of programs that are letterboxed.

What other programs besides Sunday Morning?

College Hill, Harlem Heights and I think there's one more similar reality program like that. I did see one movie that was being performed on a stage in HD a few weekends ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)