Hi,

We have released a new beta of 1.5. Specifically it is Beta 1.5.27

It can be downloaded from here:

http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_support_betaapp.asp

Please submit any bug reports or observations with this release to:

bugreports@timetraxtech.com

What's new in this version:
- Fix for invalid characters in song/directory name
- Changed XM channel request to account for new XM channel responses (again)
- Added 224, 256 and 320 kbps bitrate selections to scheduler
- Grey out XM Online configuration parameters when in Sirius mode
- If exiting while recording, a confirmation dialog is shown
- When sending reg codes, auto change O to 0
- Fixed Sirius channel change tuner response problems
- Gentler recovery from no Internet connection
- Added %h to filename - inserts "Sched x" into filename where x is the current schedule number
- Changed %d in filename to insert current datestamp instead of recording start datestamp
- Added %r in filename to insert recording start datestamp
- Fixed auto update (would work if manually checked, but not if answered "yes" to update notice at startup)

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we worked to get this release ready for beta testing.

TimeTrax Staff.

Hang on to your seats...so far this version has been working for 11 hours...

Thanks Doctor, be sure to give it a good examination, get it up on the table, have it turn it's head and cough, and all that.

;)

Thanks for the feedback. I think it was stated in another thread by you, we didn't want to just throw out a quick patch, we wanted to do things properly.

Derek.

I really wish the beta was named differently so that you can tell them all apart :)

in 2 weeks I will have a dedicated machine to test these things. For now, this beta will have to wait for the weekend.

Hope it's as good as the doc says!

i'm excited about trying this. hopefully I don't have the same trouble I did with the regular 1.5 where I lost connection, the signal, all kinds of stuff that stopped happenning when I reverted back to 1.4. i liked 1.4 except for the fact that the channel changer is downright tedious. i'm excited about actually having a working channel changer. I'll update the board with my observations. gonna install after Stern show, and let it ride all day, so that if there's problems, i can revert back before tomorrow morning.

So far I have noted the following.......

Before applying the beta 1.5.27 for some strange reason I would always see a signal strength of 33% (for Sirius) now both satellites show at 100%. :)

When using the channel selector it works a lot better. :up

Stable, stable, stable. :D

When I am recording and I attempt to exit I get a prompt confirmation.

At this time its still recording Howard but I do notice that before there would be MANY files even though I unchecked everything, now it appears everything is in 1 file....

I do agree that the beta 1.5.27 should have incremented to 1.6.

However at this point this maybe the most stable and reliable recast. Thanks!

rhiggins said:
I do agree that the beta 1.5.27 should have incremented to 1.6.
However at this point this maybe the most stable and reliable recast. Thanks!

I am not suggesting it be called 1.6, I am suggested, that it be called TimeTraxRecastBETA1.5.2.7.exe so that you know what the hell is going on.

Unfortunately, I have been trained to keep all of these builds because you never know whats going on on their side and you cannot wait for them to roll something back so that you can get working again.

I am handling the naming conventions on my own...

Great news about the stability.

Before we say this is the most stable, we should probably give it a couple of days to see if anything turns up out of the blue. within a couple of days of using we should know if it's the real deal or not. I'm crossing my fingers

Guys.

Thanks for the postitive feedback. We are very excited with this release.

The observations you are making is exactly what we had hoped we would see.

When it goes to full release the number MAY be incremented to 1.6 but I don't know. It is up to the developers. They are very adimate that they follow proper naming conventions. (Programers and Support guys never see eye to eye) ;)

We tried to address everything that everyone mentioned to us and incorporate it in this release.

The only issue yet to be resolved is the Dual Core issue, which we are working on.

I think we have nailed it down to what is causing it and the guys are on it.

Please bang the heck out of it and see if you come up with anything out of the ordinary.

Please report any bugs to bugreports@timetraxtech.com (in addition to posting here) This would be much appreciated.

Derek

Derek

This beta managed through 12 hours before it locked-up and quit responding. Again, a hard re-start of the machine and it is back up. By the way, I have moved the system over to different hardware from what I started my OLD 1.5beta with. It is now running on a PIII 800Mhz with 256Meg, so this "lock-up" behaviour doesn't depend on hardware. The software load remains light, as I have dedicated this box for only this task.

Could this lock-up be due to a memory leak? Just a guess. How long have you guys been able to run before it stops responding? Oh, I get it...always runs fine for everyone else! Must be my crummy set up! Sheesh!

I'm praying that Mine don't crap out on me. I've had it goin for about 10 hours right about now. i hope if it does crap out on me, it ain't while I'm recording Stern.

sflocco said:
I'm praying that Mine don't crap out on me. I've had it goin for about 10 hours right about now. i hope if it does crap out on me, it ain't while I'm recording Stern.

I had my first problemwith the New beta. I have Timetrax programmed every Mon-Fri to record Stern starting a 5:56 a.m. It was recording like clockwork every morning until this morning. I had it recording channel 31 from about 11:30 last night till 5 a.m. this morning it did that, then it was supposed to switch channels to 100 at 5:56 a.m. and record Stern, and it didn't do it. I'm wodering if I should revert back to 1.4 again. Not so sure this is the home run we're all counting on.

Something to check is your clock setting.

I had my XP set to automatically check and update the clock via the on-line servers.

If my clock was out by a couple min I noticed that the update sometimes screwed things up.

Just a thought.....

Keep the feedback coming. We are looking into every issue reported.

Please be sure to also send your observations to bugreports@timetraxtech.com

This e-mail goes to the developers who do not actively read this forum.

Thanks

D.

dserianni said:
Something to check is your clock setting.

I had my XP set to automatically check and update the clock via the on-line servers.

If my clock was out by a couple min I noticed that the update sometimes screwed things up.

Just a thought.....

Keep the feedback coming. We are looking into every issue reported.

Please be sure to also send your observations to bugreports@timetraxtech.com

This e-mail goes to the developers who do not actively read this forum.

Thanks

D.

Not exactly sure what your talking about. I'm running windows 2000. how can I do what your talking about having my operating system automatically check and update the clock via the on-line servers?

Not sure if it is a function of W2K but in XP there is a setting to have the clock auto-update using the military servers.

D.

I think the problem is when the TIMETRAX has to change channels to start time recording. Just had another incident testing this, where the time record did not start at the time it was supposed to having it on another channel, but yet the time record will work, if it's on the channel it's supposed to record.

Can you e-mail this specific issue to our bugreports e-mail?

We will get it looked at right away.

Derek

dserianni said:
Can you e-mail this specific issue to our bugreports e-mail?

We will get it looked at right away.

Derek

Already have derek. Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks!

I saw the e-mail and have distributed it to the team.

We apreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

D.

sflocco said:
Not exactly sure what your talking about. I'm running windows 2000. how can I do what your talking about having my operating system automatically check and update the clock via the on-line servers?

Here is a MS Article on setting up an External Time Server.
You need to use registry editor - this is RISKY and perform this at your OWN risk.
No one here or myself will accept any responsibility for your actions (good or bad :) )

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223184/

You will need to add a server in the NTPSERVER section. This can be an IP address or Server Name - Here is the one that Windows XP uses (one of the default ones)
time.windows.com

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts