Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Hi,

We are pleased to announce that we have released TimeTrax Recast Version 1.6

It is available for download from our website at:

http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_download_index.asp

What's new/fixed in 1.6:

- Fix for invalid characters in song/directory name
- Changed XM channel request to account for new XM channel responses (again)
- Added 224, 256 and 320 kbps bitrate selections to scheduler
- Grey out XM Online configuration parameters when in Sirius mode
- If exiting while recording, a confirmation dialog is shown
- When sending reg codes, auto change O to 0
- Fixed Sirius channel change tuner response problems
- Gentler recovery from no Internet connection
- Added %h to filename - inserts "Sched x" into filename where x is the current schedule number
- Changed %d in filename to insert current datestamp instead of recording start datestamp
- Added %r in filename to insert recording start datestamp
- Fixed auto update (would work if manually checked, but not if answered "yes" to update notice at startup)
- Fixed preview mode in Sirius not loading channels
- Fixed schedule file naming on last file recorded
- Fixed file record ending after schedule ends
- Added error detection code to detect invalid data coming from radio (XM and Sirius)

This is a direct build from our last Beta, so you should find it to be stable and error free.

Derek

Dumb question: the last two times timetrax has crashed for me overnight was the day the .30 beta came out and today (1.6 came out). Each time I was running the previous version (.27 beta, .30 beta).

Any chance that there is code in there that is watching for new versions that is somehow causing a crash?

Either that, or it's just a coincidence because the last two nights i've left it running happen to be the last two nights you've rolled out newer versions. That would be bad, too. In both crash cases it had been running for about 18-24 hours, recording the evening stern broadcast successfully, then dying at some point during or before the next morning's stern broadcast.

Both crashes were of the "this program has done something bad and needs to be closed" variety, not the bsod or silent exit variety.

there was no mention of the "opt out" for internet connection requirements, does that exist in this new release?

Still SPYWARE

PhuckNut said:
there was no mention of the "opt out" for internet connection requirements, does that exist in this new release?

Sorry this version still requires an internet connection without a REASONABLE explanation.
It tries connecting on startup. It tries connecting every channel change. It tries connecting every 28min 07sec (1687 seconds).
After 5 failed connects it closes the program. Thus the longest the program can be kept running from start to finish without an internet connection is 1hour 52min 28sec (6748 seconds). Although it'll close down as fast as you can change the channel 4 times.Naturally if the app is started with a net connection but is then lost the 5th change would then cause it to close, or it will close 2hours 20min 35 seconds (8435 seconds) after the last successful check.

I still say the security incident stuff is pure Bravo Sierra as a reason for this imposition upon customers. Especially given that if you do a search of all the file sharing P2P networks, newsgroups, Google, and every Famous Crack and Warez site on the web the only TimeTrax stuff that comes up is fake Virus/Trojans pretending to be this software, TimeTrax Productivity Tracking Software, and TimeTrax Time Management. Not 1 version of this software in classic or recast form. I know, I did the search after reading some shill poster claim they found tons of versions of this product (except they made the mistake of including false versions that never existed {versions of the productivity stuff, or never released}). That just proves that the registration mechanism, having it tied to a radio ID, and going on-line for the initial activation were more than enough and this whole constant connection stuff is unnecessary. Further proof that it is unnecessary is the fact that EVERY LEGITIMATE SOFTWARE COMPANY DOES NOT SPY on it's customers in this manner & DOES NOT require such constant network connectivity. The 100% and ONLY excuse for this requirement IS TO SPY ON CUSTOMERS EXACTLY LIKE SPYWARE OR TROJANWARE! Perhaps it's time someone took it apart to see what is going on with that transfer.

They continue to ignore customers and are not providing the upgrades promised without forcing us to be spied upon. It would be nice if they would please provide a real and concrete time-frame we can expect the product without the phone home SPYWARE. Or at the very least release v3.5 that some people, such as dserianni, were provided at one point that fixed some of the v3.4 problems they were having, such as cutting songs short and weekday only schedules getting stuck on Friday or after Friday.

Last edited:
This version has the "intermediate" solution that I mentioned. In this release we've dramatically reduces the sensitivity and increases the tolerence for sporadic internet access.

We are currently working on a re-architecture of the application. The current code base was not originally designed and implemented to do lots of things that it does now- nor was it designed in an object oriented system design.

We all hope that the move from VB to .NET will in and of itself resolve some of the ongoing widely reported isses.

I'm not certain that the first rollout will contain the "advanced online services," but it will within a very short period of time. Once the services are introduced, it will have the ability to opt out of those services.

My best guess is just a few more weeks before you see the rollout of an initial beta of Recast. We are planning on a much more significant beta test period due to the magnitude of the changes.

REMEMBER, you are not required to install the beta. The most recent full release will continue to be the primary version for support.

To head off the questions and summarize:

I do not have a target date for the release of a 2.0 beta

I do not have a compete list of the changes, new features, etc.

David K.
Time Trax Technologies

kelendral said:
Sorry this version still requires an internet connection without a REASONABLE explanation.
It tries connecting on startup. It tries connecting every channel change. It tries connecting every 28min 07sec (1687 seconds).
After 5 failed connects it closes the program. Thus the longest the program can be kept running from start to finish without an internet connection is 1hour 52min 28sec (6748 seconds). Although it'll close down as fast as you can change the channel 4 times.Naturally if the app is started with a net connection but is then lost the 5th change would then cause it to close, or it will close 2hours 20min 35 seconds (8435 seconds) after the last successful check.

I still say the security incident stuff is pure Bravo Sierra as a reason for this imposition upon customers. Especially given that if you do a search of all the file sharing P2P networks, newsgroups, Google, and every Famous Crack and Warez site on the web the only TimeTrax stuff that comes up is fake Virus/Trojans pretending to be this software, TimeTrax Productivity Tracking Software, and TimeTrax Time Management. Not 1 version of this software in classic or recast form. I know, I did the search after reading some shill poster claim they found tons of versions of this product (except they made the mistake of including false versions that never existed {versions of the productivity stuff, or never released}). That just proves that the registration mechanism, having it tied to a radio ID, and going on-line for the initial activation were more than enough and this whole constant connection stuff is unnecessary. Further proof that it is unnecessary is the fact that EVERY LEGITIMATE SOFTWARE COMPANY DOES NOT SPY on it's customers in this manner & DOES NOT require such constant network connectivity. The 100% and ONLY excuse for this requirement IS TO SPY ON CUSTOMERS EXACTLY LIKE SPYWARE OR TROJANWARE! Perhaps it's time someone took it apart to see what is going on with that transfer.

They continue to ignore customers and are not providing the upgrades promised without forcing us to be spied upon. It would be nice if they would please provide a real and concrete time-frame we can expect the product without the phone home SPYWARE. Or at the very least release v3.5 that some people, such as dserianni, were provided at one point that fixed some of the v3.4 problems they were having, such as cutting songs short and weekday only schedules getting stuck on Friday or after Friday.

Good... I noticed the same thing... I thought I was going insane when I saw that the packet count went up when you change channels...And - holy smokes - why not give us at least HALF A DAY before you shut down - that should be enough time. Whats more interesting - is WHY 28 minutes? it was previously 16 minutes.... you gave us 12 more minutes.... I do not get it.

Last edited:
Well ran it for about three hrs before it rebooted my machine. Also my antenna signal meters are all wrong. Back to 1.5

Time Trax Recast 1.6 (audio sample rate issues)

I have it scheduled to grab O&A from 6am-7pm which covers everything I need. Time Trax recast seems to be stable (it has not crashed, and except for the same weird exception received in 1.4 testing - nothing that big a deal)

I have the schedule, 1, 6am-7pm, 64Kbps Stereo.

In the default config, I have it set for 44.1Khz.

The Recording log shows 44.1Khz, the default config says the files are supposed to be 44.1Khz, BUT

BUT!!!!!

The recording are 24Khz... I don't understand, Windows, WinAmp and another tool report 24Khz... I don't understand what its doing....

Recording log:
Feb 6, 2006 18:57:15 Recorded: Channel 202 "Opie & Anthony - 866-Fu-Line1" Song length: 1:04 MP3 44,100 kHz; Joint Stereo; 64 Kbps;

but that file is 24Khz.

Jeez - just when I thought it was all working.....Now I could undstand that you default when you go to 64Kbps that you would lower the sample rate in order to save space - but - this seems odd that it would record at 24Khz sample rate, report 44.1Khz and have a default of 44.1 Khz in the config.

Something is weird here tho - tonights recording - is actually recording correctly, and being reported correctly. I assume there is something tied together with the SampleRate/Kbps settings?

example:
Feb 6, 2006 20:01:17 Recorded: Channel 151 "Kathleen Madigan - Mexico (Incomplete)" Song length: 5:54 MP3 44,100 kHz; Joint Stereo; 224 Kbps;

And that file is 44.1Khz.

Please explain?

Anyone else haveing reboot problems on 1.6? It also is sooo slow to respond to commands after it has been idol for a couple days.

Yeah, I've had two reboots so far. Once when it was just about to start recording, and once when it was near done recording. But at least it's still spewing packets back to home, because that's so useful to all of us.

cmaier said:
Yeah, I've had two reboots so far. Once when it was just about to start recording, and once when it was near done recording. But at least it's still spewing packets back to home, because that's so useful to all of us.

Thats the only part that seems to work correctly, that is, when their servers are up and running & YOUR internet connection isn't fritzing out because of an upgrade in the middle of the night or day :(

Well, I pulled my XM Direct out of the car to test 1.6, and within 30 minutes of starting it my system blue-screened. Still a no-go on a reliability front. Maybe next time.

Since I downloaded 1.6 ,every time I record Howard each file is put into its own folder.I tried all the different configurations and still end up with around fifty folders on my desktop every day.Am I doing something wrong or should I just make Howard one big file?

billshort113 said:
Since I downloaded 1.6 ,every time I record Howard each file is put into its own folder.I tried all the different configurations and still end up with around fifty folders on my desktop every day.Am I doing something wrong or should I just make Howard one big file?

It's a thread - where I basically post to myself, but I beleive, if memory serves me correctly - this has something to do with the tags or naming convention of the files, and it now has something that does actual time it was recording the file and the time it was scheduled to start.

check out the thread I talk to myself :
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=55411

And my explanations all along have come true for me. I moved into a new house, my highspeed connection will take over a month to get. TimeTrax is now a waste of space since I can not leave my dial up connection running 24/7. I am missing everyone of my shows.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration and "issues" with Recast. This is supposed to be your ticket to entertainment and enjoyment, not the problems you relate. This is even worse since you have seen this move coming for some time, and apparently felt there was nothing else you could do.

I should point out that yesterday, TT's David K. stated: "no one should be experiencing problems with Recast shutting down due to a lack of internet connectivity."

This statement was surprising to me, since when 1.6 was released they said the requirement was "gentler" not eliminated. I would definitely like to hear whether you are able to keep your system running/recording with "a lack of internet connectivity." Given your situation, it would be a good test of this. I sincerely hope it is true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)