Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You guys requested them, so here they are, a better look at the SuperDish feeds and LNBs!

(Click the pictures to see them full size)

One difference is that the Type 1 dish refector is made of metal and needs a 2 inch pole to be mounted on while the Type 2 dish will be made of plastic/fiberglass and will require a 2 3/8 inch pole to be mounted on.

If you were to install a pole ahead of time how would you know which size pipe if they are different?

The first one they are coming out with will be the 2 inch pole. The other dish will not be out until next year in which will use the 2 3/8 inch pole. I am sure that there will be adapters. Someone on here mentioned something about making an adapter for the different sized poles vs. the size needed. If you were to get the 2 3/8 inch pole you could get U-bolts and bolt the mast to that pole and then if you were to get the other dish later on then you would have the correct size for that particular dish.

My question is this what will I do if I want to have a dishpro quad and run it to all 4 receivers ? Or will a switch be needed in order to avoid the dishpro quad , like the dish pro 34 switch ?

The SuperDishes will come with a 34 switch that will allow three orbital slots to be outputted to four receivers.

Stargazer said:
The first one they are coming out with will be the 2 inch pole. The other dish will not be out until next year in which will use the 2 3/8 inch pole. I am sure that there will be adapters. Someone on here mentioned something about making an adapter for the different sized poles vs. the size needed. If you were to get the 2 3/8 inch pole you could get U-bolts and bolt the mast to that pole and then if you were to get the other dish later on then you would have the correct size for that particular dish.

I wonder if the 2", or 2 3/8" pole question might be that 2" nominal pipe actually has a 2 3/8" OD. (REF: ANSI B36.10-1979, American National Standard Weights and Dimensions of Welded and Seamless Wrought Steel Pipe).

bcw said:
I wonder if the 2", or 2 3/8" pole question might be that 2" nominal pipe actually has a 2 3/8" OD. (REF: ANSI B36.10-1979, American National Standard Weights and Dimensions of Welded and Seamless Wrought Steel Pipe).

The Type I mast will be actually 2 inches in diameter.

The Type II is the industry standard 2-3/8" or two inch nominal pipe. I can recognize the elliptical lnb arm. It is the same arm used for DirecDuo and DirecPC. The dish is the same. I still have one of these in my stock. The skew and elevation protractors are the same. The through bolts are mounted to the front of the protractor with four bolts and nuts, and the arm is mounted at the bottom of the pan with another bolt and nut. The original DirecTV plus fiberglass dish was a downsized version of this dish. All of these were made by Channel Master, as will be the Type II SuperDish.

The dish pan is mounted with The Type I protractors are upsized versions of the Dish500 protractor, with the lnb arm attached.

The Type II will eventualy be the standard SuperDish, as soon as all of the Type I's have been used up.

I know that I will be manufacturing a Type II adapter out of aluminum pipe, that can be slipped over a standard Dish 500 mast and tightend with six bolts. I'm just waiting to see, if there is a demand. I don't know about making one for the Type I.

MikeD-C05 said:
My question is this what will I do if I want to have a dishpro quad and run it to all 4 receivers ? Or will a switch be needed in order to avoid the dishpro quad , like the dish pro 34 switch ?

As it appears, there will not be a DishPro lnb that will work with SuperDish. From what I've seen, the 110 and 119 position lnb's are basically Dishpro single lnb's, since they have to be adjusted independently.

Mike, Since the last time I talked with you I made up a Type II sleeve.

On the Type II sleeve because the wall thickness is much thicker I drilled and tapped 6 - 1\4-28 holes and used " 60 degee pointed set srews"
1/4 long. Makes it nice because they don't stick out past the 2 3/8" OD.

These hold very well, I have a fixture I made at work to machine some parts and the pointed set screws worked out well. It was a very flimsy kind of part and the set screws allowed me to hold the parts at certain points with putting a twist in the part.

The 110 and 119 lnbf's have to be adjusted independently? Darn, no wonder why they are going to require professional installation for this dish. I can see the posts now with problems with this dish.

Hmm... so should the installer be able to handle installing a Type 1 onto my existing (unused) 2 3/8" pole, or should I rip it out and put in a 2" pole?

Stargazer said:
The 110 and 119 lnbf's have to be adjusted independently? Darn, no wonder why they are going to require professional installation for this dish. I can see the posts now with problems with this dish.

What problems do you foresee and why would they occur?

I hear how DNSC does not do a very good job on some of their installs so just image how the installs will go with the SuperDish's. It seems like there are more adjustments and bolts to tighten and more to go wrong with this dish than the previous dishes.

I would keep the 2 3/8" pole in there and use U-bolts to clamp the dish that is going to require the 2" pole onto that (or have some type of adapter made for the dish in which I heard that someone on the board was going to make some adapters for this dish). If you decide that you need the other dish in the future then you could put it on the pole at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts