bev 3100 - Which transponder in northeast?

sidelinellc

Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
ct
Just Setup a bell expressvu 3100, with single LNB from my canadian girlfriend. It worked fine while in quebec.
I Aimed it according to the coordinates obtained from searching nimiq 1-3 satellite. I am unable to get any signal or change in sound on the setup screen.
I crosschecked all connections, ran a system diagnostic on the unit, still nada.
Lets start from the beginning, my magnetic azimuth is at 220 with 38* of elevation From CT, which transponder would give me the most powerful signal to obtain an easier set up on the bell expressVu 91?. thanks in advance...

And, if i sound unknowing, this is the first experience i've had with sat tv.

anyone...? Having difficulties here. After hrs of trying, I'm picking up nothing. Rechecked, readjusted still nothing.

all 32 TP's should work fine in CT

The numbers you posted are correct. Just out of curiosity what dish/LNB are you using?

just got around to fiddling with this pain again. Unsure what size the dish is. looks about 19" across maybe? Is it possible that somehow the lnb could be bad. Maybe got damaged dureing the move or something. I am getting no green bars and 0% on the sat. aiming screen in the 3100. Not even wrong sat. So no matter were i point it , i get no change. I'm starting to think the lnb could be bad. (the coax is brand new)I should et something, no?
Is there anyway i could test it with what i have or fool the dish to think it's getting a signal and have it register on the setup screen? I am running out of ideas here and wish i understood more about these systems.

Also, what lnb do i order for this system if it is bad? i've already looked and there is a plethora of them.
thanks again

I setup an ExpressVu on Tuesday. I also have a 3100 receiver, and I have a 24" dish. The manual says to use transponder 3 to aim the dish, so that's the one that I used.

I found a ton of satellites (echostar 77, 110, and 117). I also found one that was just called "unknown" by the receiver. After about an hour of this, I locked my dish at the "unknown" satellite and exited out of the installation screen. The program guide started downloading.

I went to the installation screen again. I had a signal on all of the odd transponders but none of the even ones. Iceberg had mentioned to me in another thread that I could do a menu-6-1-1 and choose check switch to see a list of what satellites were setup. I did that. I don't remember the exact wording, but there was an option in there that was reset or reload or something like that. I chose it, and all of a sudden, I had a signal on all of the transponders. I am guessing that the transponder that identifies itself as Nimiq 91 is an even one?!?

Maybe something similar is happening to you? You should have a strong signal in CT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)