Bev dish aiming help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Hey guys, I am going to be getting a bev sub here soon in the US (I'm in michigan) and I was going ot use my old Dish500. Anyways, since I want to double check my LOS and signal strength to 82/91 I need some help.

To aim the dish and peak it, I'm gonna use my cs5k FTA receiver as I don't have a bev box yet. What TP would be the best for peaking, not just aiming. Some of the TP's on 91 are so strong for me they are worthless for peaking.

Also, can I use DP tech with bev stuff or so I need to swap to legacy? I seem to remember a post a while back about DP not being supported well with bev. I have legacy and DP lnb's so the swap is easy.

on 91 any even TP will work fine. Those are on the older Nimiq1 (Nimiq3 is much stronger the closer to Canada you get)

otherwise for odds use something like 15. Nimiq 3 uses 8 odd transpnoders. I think they are 3,7,11,13,17,21,23,25 but dont wuote me on that.

as for the DP or Legacy, both will work. It was DPP that had the issues

I use to have a DP Twin and it worked just fine

iceberg, I don't have a bev receiver yet, so I am looking for the frequncy like 12224 or 12239 since that is how I would put them in my coolsat for aiming. I have an old dish 301 receiver, could I use that for aiming?

Edit:

Duh, I guess Lyngsat would help me with the frequency/tp numbers. I forgot they numbered them and had the frequency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts