BEV HD equipment in Boston MA

canuckMA

Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
I got a BEV HD 6100 receiver for Christmas while back in NS. I need to buy a dish locally and get it installed. What hardware do I need to purchase? 20 inch dish?? 30 inch dish?? Switches? LNB set up???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm in South Boston and bought a 6200 system from KuSat in Canada last year.
They also sell dishes separately. I know its far from local, but shipping was fast.
I installed it on my rooftop myself. It was much easier to install than my DirectTV 3 lnb dish. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info.

So I need a 20 inch dish with a triple lnb? Do I need to hit 3 satellites for the HD programming?

I have purchased a dish 500 with a dish pro dual lnb ( for 110 and 119) which I will use to hit 82 and 91. I am guessing I need a SW21 switch.

Can someone confirm?

Ok I am a bit slow here, but I want to fully understand so bear with me.

I have a DishPro LNB that will receive 110 and 119. It is one LNB (a twin) not two separate LNBs. If I had a Dishnetwork receiver I would need a SW-21 switch. I have read that that DishPro and a SW-21 do not work with BEV. Is this true or can I use an SW-21 switch?

Last edited:
canuckMA said:
Ok I am a bit slow here, but I want to fully understand so bear with me.
I have a DishPro LNB that will receive 110 and 119. It is one LNB (a twin) not two separate LNBs. If I had a Dishnetwork receiver I would need a SW-21 switch. I have read that that DishPro and a SW-21 do not work with BEV. Is this true or can I use an SW-21 switch?

That is the dish/lnb supplied with the BEV 6100 (dish 811). It comes with an sw-21

The 9200 (disk 942) comes with a SW-34

So, AFAIK, you take the outputs from the 2 lnbs (yes, there are two inside the housing), and they go to an sw-21 to get one output containing 82 and 91

If you want 2 outputs, for a 9200, you need 2 sw-21 or the sw-34

Thanks. That makes it clear to me now. I appreciate all the feedback. I should have my dish working for the the final of World Junior hockey championships!

Ok I have one last question, hopefully. My Dish Pro lnb has a built in switch....will this still work with BEV?

Just an update. I have my dish installed and working. Took all of 45 minutes. I have 84% signal on 82 and 96% on 91.

Thanks to all for the input, it was helpful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts