BEV In NYC

ItaliaVP

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
Ive read over some of the threads in the forum. What would be the best solution for me to obtain BEV. I know a number of people in Canada that I can use their address to start service here. Thanks for your help.

with bev junk satellite and bev's future plans NOT to have satellite footprints over much of he usa, I would think twice, personally I would go with Starchoice. *C has official policies much friendlier to southern users, bev will will cut you off if they find out you are in the usa. if you have two or more bev receivers, expect a call from them if they are not hooked into the phone line ( no can do in usa)

with bev junk satellite and bev's future plans NOT to have satellite footprints over much of he usa, I would think twice, personally I would go with Starchoice. *C has official policies much friendlier to southern users, bev will will cut you off if they find out you are in the usa. if you have two or more bev receivers, expect a call from them if they are not hooked into the phone line ( no can do in usa)

This is true. When I had BEV i had 6+ receivers and they where pluged in and I live in Canada and I had BCE services on top of BEV annd I still got a call now and then to varify the receiver location number. Like daves1 said go with SC its a better option at this point.

TOM :)

thanks Tom--- I use to have a broker-- spent a few bucks just trying to resove tech issues-- NO MORE that was hell-- used a rental address in windsor, ( no simsubs)I got from Crag's list- made up a fake telephone Canadian no ( just as a broker does)- got credit card auto payments-- computer programming changes, and email billing, then got *c home away from home program for a one time fee of 50.00. Faxed *c my usa hydro bill, and gave them my usa cell no as a secondary number. *c now has one legit phone no and address & I can call from usa etc without any questions. When I bought a refurb 530, I simply asked *c to ship it to a friend in Nova Scotia- he shipped it to me.
*c home away from home fee includes a dish, a satellite finder, and a self install kit.
a good deal for 50.

I have 3 BEV receivers and live in Pennsylvania i have never had a phone call from BEV asking verify the receiver location or if the phone line is plugged in. if i need cs which rare i just call and block my number using the non 800 number or make ppv purchase online. Using my cousins billing addresss in GTA. :D love their programming and i get high 90's to 100 on most of the transponders.

Footprint won't ever be an issue in NYC. If they cut off NYC, then a good portion of Southern Ontario & Quebec would be hit.

I would just get a 9200, that way you can run multiple rooms with the single receiver. Just sign up for online account service and use your friends address for a service address. I use an address in Canada, and have never had a problem. My father-in-law just tosses the Bell junk mail away for me.

If you look at a map of NA and see where Ontario ends, those living in the US that are above the most southern mst point of Ontario are 99.9% guarenteed that you'll never loose your BEV signal to sat footprints, even to this day.

Unless some how thet "magically" can follow the Canadian US Boarder to use as the footprint of the signal which I dought will never or ever happen.

Now with the launch of N4 & 5 in the next 2 to 3 years, don't know if the signal will reach where it once did before or not.

Curious those in Alsaka? Can they get BEV that far north?

I have 3 BEV receivers and live in Pennsylvania i have never had a phone call from BEV asking verify the receiver location or if the phone line is plugged in. if i need cs which rare i just call and block my number using the non 800 number or make ppv purchase online. Using my cousins billing addresss in GTA. :D love their programming and i get high 90's to 100 on most of the transponders.

You wont have a problem in NYC any installer that does dish should install it for you. I have a 9200 and have had no problems. At least I have NFL network and subscribe to Sunday Ticket which Cablevision does not offer.

I didn't even bother with Sunday Ticket. Between local NYC channels and the BEV feeds from Boston and Seattle, I get the best games almost every week in HD.

I do have Centre Ice and love the fact that they've got 4 channels for HD this year. I just hope they use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)