BEV Software Update Issues

sfchesco

Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
San Francisco, CA
BEV Software Update Issues in San Francisco

I know I have a few issues to deal with here in San Francisco but I have not been able to get the software version (currently E4....) to update to version E5.... I've turned off my unit for hours at a time to see if it will reinitialize (like the instructions with the new smartcard say).

I also have my replacement smartcard but my receiver won't recognize it... it says "smartcard not inserted correctly". I did successfully call BEV to initialize my new card.

And... I'm waiting for my new 20" dish to replace the 18".

FIRST - does anyone know if having the new 20" dish will help in updating the software and SECOND - if that is also part of the reason the reciever won't recognize my new smartcard?

Help.

The problem in California and the Southwest US is that you can't get the transponders on N3 that contain the software updates. When you get the 20" reflector (Dish 500) you will be able to look at N2 (82W) and get the update from N2 tr 11.

If you don't want to wait, just temporarily re-aim your present dish to 82 to take the download, then back to 91 for viewing.

Got signal on 82 but not using t11

I changed my satellite selection to 82 and got signal strength at t12 but nothing on t11. To download the software update, is there another transponder I can select or do I even have to select satellite 82 since I get signal on both with my 20" dish?

If you're picking up 82 OK, you should get the software download automatically. Just leave the receiver in the "off" position for at least 30 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)