Beware of setting a timer for your favorite team

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackdemcak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 6, 2009
Rancho Palos Verdes
The sports tab on the home page allows you to choose favorite teams. You can then set timers to automatically record all games your teams play regardless of what channel the games are on. What a wonderful feature for fans of the British Premier League whose games can be scattered over a half a dozen or so channels!

The problem is that a seek timer is created. The Dish customer service agent told me that seek timers record the first instance of a favorite team's game it finds. There is no way to set the seek timer to record only English language programs in HD format. As a result I ended up with three recordings this Saturday, one in HD and the other two in unwatchable SD. Fortunately I am currently doing a 21 day no obligation test of the new Layer 3 DVR. Layer 3 recorded all these games in HD. For what it's worth, I could not see any difference between the Layer 3 and Dish HD picture quality on a 65 inch LG OLED tv at 12 foot viewing distance .

Dish's "seek" timer function leaves a lot to be desired and worse, they really crippled it with the "improved user interface". How ironic - make the interface better but take away functionality in the process.

As you've found out, it records everything with a 'keyword' that is specified. I'm afraid what would happen if one set a seek timer for "cowboys". I suspect you'd get more than Dallas Cowboy football games !!

To top things off, some of the Premier League games will only be shown on SD (NBC Sports Extra Channels starting at channel 875). I suppose it is better than not having the games, but Directv carries all of the games in HD (some even in 4K) as does Comcast (although watching some of the games is cumbersome).

Dish's "seek" timer function leaves a lot to be desired and worse, they really crippled it with the "improved user interface". How ironic - make the interface better but take away functionality in the process.

As you've found out, it records everything with a 'keyword' that is specified. I'm afraid what would happen if one set a seek timer for "cowboys". I suspect you'd get more than Dallas Cowboy football games !!
Like this....
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team | Season 12 Episodes (TV Series) | CMT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)