Beware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n8jmy

Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Just thought i would post a rant. I sold my Dish 811 and canceled my account as i went to Directv, anyways I sold my 811 and when the guy went to activate it Dish told him there was a problem with the account and he couldn't activate it. I called to see what was going on and they told me I had a 1 year commitment to the HD pack. When i got the receiver back on Dec 3 they told me it was a exclusive deal for $149 with no commitment. I called last week before I sold it and they told me there was a note on the account that there was no commitment, but since I canceled my account now they say I have a commitment, funny thing is I haven't had the HD pack at all since i got the 811, they couldn't explain how come i didn't need to subscribe to something i was supposed to have a commitment but I had to buy out of the contract ( which I wasn't in) so I could get them to release the receiver, All I know is I am glad to be done with there lieing CSR's and buggy Equipment. So I say good riddens to Dish and I wont be back and I will take as many people with me as I can.

Same Problem Here!

I'm on hold to some executive office of Dish. They're trying to tell me that I also have a one year commitment to the HD package when I bought my 811. At that time I was told I was getting it at that special price because I was a good customer. Now that I'm sick of waiting on the 811 cbshd problem, I decided to go to Direct. Now they're threatening with a one year charge back. I asked for the paper work and it will take 3 weeks to get. I can't believe they do business this way. :eek: :smug

3 weeks? Tell them fax machines were invented a decade ago and get with the times. Either they have a contract or not. Oh, and if they tell you some bull about "We need to see the original copy" then they're fibbing... we fax ours over for disputes all the time.

When doing these type of existing customer deals I have always had the experience that once the CSR has completed the transaction, they then transfer you to another group that reviews the complete transaction and verifies all of the information regarding that transactio. This part of the communication is RECORDED so that they can document and verify that you were the person that placed the order.

In both the 501 and the recent 510 promotion I participated in, during that recording the person explictly read to me that in exchange for the promotion I was committing myself to 12 months of a minimum package. That if I was to cancel or fall below that programming commitment during the 12 months, I would be charged some fee.

If that never happend for you, I'd say you never committed to anything.

I just signed up with Dish Network. I hope this is not what I should expect from their company. I feel your pain. Since the internet is a great tool for people to communicate, and voice their displeasure, I can't believe some companies still try to get away with such bogus tactics. The word gets around MUCH faster these days, and if this is the way they operate, it will only hurt their business. I had Adelphia cable, and have made many posts in forums, on epinions, and wherever else I can to tell people how they are getting ripped off. I am just one person making the blasts about their company, but it all starts somewhere! We all make a difference. I love the internet!

Mike_H said:
When doing these type of existing customer deals I have always had the experience that once the CSR has completed the transaction, they then transfer you to another group that reviews the complete transaction and verifies all of the information regarding that transactio. This part of the communication is RECORDED so that they can document and verify that you were the person that placed the order.

In both the 501 and the recent 510 promotion I participated in, during that recording the person explictly read to me that in exchange for the promotion I was committing myself to 12 months of a minimum package. That if I was to cancel or fall below that programming commitment during the 12 months, I would be charged some fee.

If that never happend for you, I'd say you never committed to anything.
That is exactly the problem! I've bought a 501, a 508 based on a one-year commitment in the past. I was transferred to someone else who verified all this. This never happened in this case! Also in the past the paperwork I signed also had a checkbox that mentioned the one year committment. Nothing is checked in my copy of the document.
I had been with dish for the last 5 to6 years and I must say that the service has really gone down hill. :confused:

Just a follow up after a long email to ceo@echostar.com I got a call from a nice gentleman who confirmed that the $149 deal had no commitment and is supposed to refund the money I had to pay so they would release the 811. A lot of hassle to get it right but at least its done. I hope everyone else has better luck with them than I have had lately.

I Believe the big problem with Dish and their CSR's is likely the software and systems they are using to deal with customers. I get the distinct impression that it is very in-flexible and that they have to use it in ways it wasn't designed to get the behavior they want to support with their customers.

I feel this leads to a lack of consistancy in the information the CSR is able to share with the customer since the information may not always be in the same place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)