Beyond The Farthest Star

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1605791/

I had the pleasure if seeing "Beyond the Farthest Star" on October 18, 2013 at the Cinemark West Plano in Plano, Texas.

I have seen several faith-based films. In each case, I left the film feeling like I had just watched a made-for-TV movie or an after school special. As a result, I was a bit skeptical going in to see "Beyond the Farthest Star". While delivering a good message, this genre often "preaches" to the viewer, and in many cases seems to lack in quality acting, writing, direction, and production. I understand filmmakers for this genre are limited by budget, but I do not watch a film for its potential.

"Beyond the Farthest Star" has forever changed my expectations. With regard to writing, acting, production, cinematography, soundtrack, and score, this film can clearly hold its own up against any secular film. The plot was engaging and complex. The acting was not only believable, but also moving. No single actor stole the show, but rather the entire cast pulled equal weight. For the duration of the film, I was lost in a story and was quickly committed to the characters---a feat not easily accomplished in many mainstream films. The beautiful score was moving and enveloping without being distracting. Lastly, while clearly touching on a faith-based message, "Beyond the Farthest Star" did not preach to the viewer.

Frankly, I do not go to the cinema to be spiritually moved. I go to be entertained. It is my hope that potential viewers are not turned off from watching this film based on prior faith-based films. I am confident any non-believer or fan of dramas would equally enjoy it. "Beyond the Farthest Star" is a refreshing change for faith-based films and has set a new standard for all dramas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)