BHN Adds new channels to sports pack

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Big Ten Network (Extra football Games 1-4) (Standard Def --SD)

FOX Sports Detroit (HD/SD)
FOX Sports Ohio (HD/SD)
FOX Sports Wisconsin (HD/SD)
GOL TV (HD/SD)
NESN National (SD)
PrimeTicket (HD/SD)
SportSouth (SD/HD)

Starting Sept 30th

I'm wondering if some(all) of these channels will be blacked out when a local team is playing. For ex: The Lightning are playing and NESN has a Bruins game from Toronto? Or, like the YES network-all pre/post game but no game itself? Paul

They're also moving some channels, including Sportsman Channel, to the sports pack from digital basic. I, for one, do not want to pay extra to watch Sportsman Channel. If you feel the same way, go to www.iwantsportsman.com If you call Bright House or send them an email, maybe they'll take a hint and keep Sportsman on digital basic cable...couldn't hurt to try!

They're also moving some channels, including Sportsman Channel, to the sports pack from digital basic. I, for one, do not want to pay extra to watch Sportsman Channel. If you feel the same way, go to www.iwantsportsman.com If you call Bright House or send them an email, maybe they'll take a hint and keep Sportsman on digital basic cable...couldn't hurt to try!

You are lucky to have it any way possible. There are thousands of us that want the NFL Network and it surely looks like we aren't ever gonna get it. The Sports pack on TW is only 5.95 a month, and I doubt if BH is anymore since they own them too.

Yes they are separate companies but join together in almost all agreements as one group.

And BHNS sports Pak is going to be up to 31 channels and 11 HD channels within the next month. the price will increase 2$ from the previous price and now be 6.99 a month.

They added 10 new channels (and adding more regional sports nets) so it was no surprise. They also were 1$ cheaper then TWC has been, now they are 1$ more

The point is that people who are happy with their current selection/price have no choice to stay there. The cable bill just keeps going up and up and up. They need your money more than you do--just like the government.

The point is that people who are happy with their current selection/price have no choice to stay there. The cable bill just keeps going up and up and up. They need your money more than you do--just like the government.

True the price does go up and up. But its also due to peoples demand of more more more.

I'm wondering if some(all) of these channels will be blacked out when a local team is playing. For ex: The Lightning are playing and NESN has a Bruins game from Toronto? Or, like the YES network-all pre/post game but no game itself? Paul

From what I see all Red Sox and Bruin reg season games will be blacked out, According to NESN website Classic Red Sox games will also be blacked out

all games are blacked out except those in your dma unless you have the appropriate sports subscription. in central florida, you are authorized to watch the magic, lightning, marlins and rays.

SPEED2.com access being added to Sports Pack today

Sports Pack customers can watch both standard and high definition content on SPEED2.com, which will include popular series such as American Muscle Car, Behind the Headlights, Back in the Day with Dale Jr. and Victory by Design, in addition to more than a dozen Marquee Racing Series events.
The racing series include:

• FIA GT1 and GT3 (World and European Championship Touring Car Racing Series)
• German Touring Car (DTM)
• World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)
• Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC)
• British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
• FIM Motocross World Championship
• FIM Super Moto World Championship
• FIM Enduro World Championship
• Nürburgring 24
• Formula 2
• F3 Euroseries
• VW Scirocco Cup
• TTXGP

all games are blacked out except those in your dma unless you have the appropriate sports subscription. in central florida, you are authorized to watch the magic, lightning, marlins and rays.
certain parts of Tampa could get Yankee games ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)