Big Game on NBC Glittchy

fishnuts57

Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
iowa
Did anyone have problems with bad reception and glitching last night? I would call Customer service again, but they will just tell me to schedule a tech visit again. This is my second reciever and that is all they will tell me is "we are aware of problems with this modle" but they keep giving me the same one. Freezing has gotten bad in the last six months

You should say what receiver you have, HD, which birds you look at. No problems for me in omaha on my vip222 sat 61.5 HD :) . Also looked good on a second tv via OTA.

Apparently there are several (many?) NBC locals with this problem in their digital feed, which is meticulously preserved in Dish's uplink to us.

bighic - It is a 625, not HD and what birds? What is vip222 sat 61.5 HD?

VIP222 is an HD receiver, 61.5 is a satellite that carries mostly if not only HD content and satellites are called "birds" for short. I had the same glitches on the Super Bowl broadcast through my antenna directly onto my TV set without going through my receiver. That being said, like Pepper said, it was an NBC issue. I only noticed it on a few of their cameras though. Seemed like an issue on site in Tampa to me.

Acer

I saw glitching and problems OTA with a 96% signal. I think NBC maybe had some problems. Overall it was alright but room for improvement certainly. :)

I saw glitching and problems OTA with a 96% signal. I think NBC maybe had some problems. Overall it was alright but room for improvement certainly. :)

Same here OTA in St. Louls (signal is 90%). I noticed those glitches not only last night but almost every week on the Sunday night game as well as Notre Dame telecasts (or was the glitch caused by Charlie Weiss, sorry another topic for another thread).:rolleyes:

Glitchy here also in Colorado Springs errrrr Denver...

HD 622

Mostly noticed it when they switched from one cam to another..it would go fuzzy like you had something in your eyes...and then it would clear up.....

still loved it though :)

If by 'glitching' you are all talking about a sort of skipping, jerky video, I have posted about this all over the internet with no help. It happens to me anytime I watch a fast-paced (read: sporting event) on a 1080i channel (i.e. CBS and NBC). 722 using OTA for my locals. Seems like a lack of processing power with the 722. Thoughts? Resolutions? Thanks!

I saw a few signal drops during the game from 61.5 on my 722 as well as OTA on my 622. They corresponded, so I am assuming the problem was at the broadcast source which is the never reliable WNCN.

Ted

If by 'glitching' you are all talking about a sort of skipping, jerky video, I have posted about this all over the internet with no help. It happens to me anytime I watch a fast-paced (read: sporting event) on a 1080i channel (i.e. CBS and NBC). 722 using OTA for my locals. Seems like a lack of processing power with the 722. Thoughts? Resolutions? Thanks!

I don't see the same problem on CBS where I live. NBC only.

Ted

The broadcast was a better quality, IMO, than what's usually on Nbc; watching
KPRC-2, Houston; on a 622. I did notice some blurring on several plays, overall I was happy. I didn't notice any difference on the ota (thru the 622) versus the satellite feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts