Big Suprise on Tech Forum on May 10th

Enforcer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Hey gang. I was watching the NHL playoffs tonight and I saw a commercial from dish concerning the next tech forum. They say there is a "big suprise" so please join us. Hmmmm......I wonder what it could be?????

Maybe it will be about the name based recording coming to DVR's that I heard about a while back, or that new 721 promotion for $249.

Maybe they will start shipping 921's that work. Oh - I guess it's more likely that I'll be the next U.S. President.

My guess is Mark Lamutt will be on the Tech Chat. :)

My other guess is that they will announce that Name Based Recording will be available by the end of July.

Scott Greczkowski said:

My other guess is that they will announce that Name Based Recording will be available by the end of July.

July of what year???? ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:

I guessed the same thing except I thought maybe Charlie would finally license the tivo software or buy Tivo itself. That would be sweet.....

Say with me Dishtivo , Dishtivo ,Dishtivo... :cool:

mikew said:
Dish and Tivo will simply not happen.

What do you base your announcement on? The fact that Charlie is so cheap that he wouldn't want to pay for the software. Or maybe the fact that Charlie may not be able to buy Tivo as a company. I am curious about your speculation. :)

It's Sirius... don't get overexcited. I know we have a long list of things we want to see, but we have to remain practical that the "special announcement" is just something we've seen coming a mile away.

bcshields said:
It's Sirius... don't get overexcited. I know we have a long list of things we want to see, but we have to remain practical that the "special announcement" is just something we've seen coming a mile away.

I'll have to agree with you here. Since when has Dish announced anything on either a Tech Chat or Charlie Chat, that we already didn't know of? There will be nothing new announced; just the fact that Sirius will be added. No inside info, just a hunch based on Dish's past experience.

I don't see the big announcement being Sirious. That was announced months ago. This is a tech chat, not a programming chat.

They will announce an equipment give-away or receiver promotion.

What ever it is, I hope it is something they are ready to deliver on now and not 6 months from now. New receivers and such announced today won't be available for months (or a year for 921).

gpflepsen said:
I don't see the big announcement being Sirious. That was announced months ago. This is a tech chat, not a programming chat.

They will announce an equipment give-away or receiver promotion.

This make's the most since of any suggestions so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)