Big Ten Network

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
With all of the talk about the SEC's television deals with ESPN and CBS, I've been wondering why they didn't just start their own network like the Big Ten did. I started wondering how the network is doing financially. Does anyone know?

I've never been a Big Ten fan, but they do a great job with their network. The events are all (I think) in HD and beautiful. However, I wonder if enough people watch the non-revenue sports to make the network profitable.

I am hoping that the Big 12 starts its own network. I've had Texas A&M season baseball tickets since 1997 and was a student who went to virtually every home game from 1991-1995. The Big 12 is a great baseball conference, but since day one has done an abysmal job marketing it.

The Southwest conference would show the Saturday and Sunday games of a conference series just about every week on HSE (now Fox Sports Southwest). It would be tape delayed in markets showing a pro game.

With the Big 12, we get about two series a season.
:(

Not sure how they're doing financially but I can tell you that I subscribe to it and find myself watching it not only during football and bastketball season but all year round. When they don't have coach shows running, they show great big ten contests of the past, and when they're not showing those they show a multitude of other sports. To me very well worth the subscription!

Well, my thread is dying, so I am going to add a couple of pics of our Friday night game against Texas. Their head coach, Augie Garrido got a DUI shortly before the season started. He had five glasses of wine (also known as a bottle) at dinner and then drove home. Oh we had fun. We brought paper "wino" bags. They sell 20oz sodas in plastic bottles at Olsen Field, and we all had ours in wino bags. My son Benny even got into the action. I saved wine corks for the entire season for this night!

The upside down bottle of wine was a strikeout looking.

k-02.jpg

WinoBagBenny01.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts