Big Ten Network

kjpjr

Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
Starting in August 2007 the Big Ten will have its own network for football, basketball and other sports ABC and ESPN will still carry the main games (football) but it appears that ESPN GAMEPLAN will no longer carry Big Ten games as part of its package. As a displaced UM person living in SC this could be a problem! Anyone know any more about this? At this point the Big Ten Network is only signed up on Dish TV -- could this be another NFLN type problem, I hope the Big Ten has more sense than the NFL!

I'm with you, but I'm in a better situation by still living in a Big Ten state (OH). The agreement with Fox says every team will have at least two games (one being a conference game) that air on the Big Ten Network. Big Ten football games will air on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or Big Ten Network (including ESPN/2 coverage in markets not getting the Big Ten games on ABC) so at least ESPNU is no longer an issue.

As a correction the Big Ten and Fox have lined up DirecTV not Dish.

Since you live outside of Big Ten country you may be better off switching to DirecTV to guarantee carriage in SC. I on the other hand have a chance of TWC picking up the channel, but since TWC won't start negations until they hear enough interest from their subscribers and the subscribers won't express interest until next fall, I'm pretty sure I'll be switching to DirecTV before next fall.

Coverage Comparison
Big Ten Media Agreement Press Release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts