Big10 Network missing

anex80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Midwest
I was flipping through channels today and noticed that Big10 is missing. I have the Hopper system and the guide goes from 404 SEC to 406 PAC12. I have the AT200 package and live in Missouri. I'm outside of BIG10 territory but also way outside of PAC12 territory. I would think the channel would at least show up in the guide and just give me a not authorized message when I tune it but it's not even there. I'm looking at the all channels list and have verified that it's not excluded in any channel locks. Am I missing something? Is there a dispute over this channel right now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was flipping through channels today and noticed that Big10 is missing. I have the Hopper system and the guide goes from 404 SEC to 406 PAC12. I have the AT200 package and live in Missouri. I'm outside of BIG10 territory but also way outside of PAC12 territory. I would think the channel would at least show up in the guide and just give me a not authorized message when I tune it but it's not even there. I'm looking at the all channels list and have verified that it's not excluded in any channel locks. Am I missing something? Is there a dispute over this channel right now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you are outside of Big 10, you need to subscribe to the Sports Package, or whatever it's called. Don't know why you are seeing Pac 12.

Normally the "All channels" guide would show things like you're thinking but regional sports networks are treated differently.

I am in the Big 10 market but only subscribe to AT120 and I can't see it. Upgrade to AT120+, which I do during football season and it appears.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

This info from BTN.com

Good news! DISH subscribers within IA, MI, MN, NE, IL, IN, OH, PA, and WI with America's Top 120 Plus and above get BTN on channel 410 and 405 (Hopper). BTN HD is available on channel 410 and 405 (Hopper) to DISH HD subscribers. Subscribers outside these Big Ten states, or who are in the Louisville or Philadelphia area, must subscribe to DISH’s Multi-Sport package to receive BTN. Please call DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH for details.

This info from BTN.com

Good news! DISH subscribers within IA, MI, MN, NE, IL, IN, OH, PA, and WI with America's Top 120 Plus and above get BTN on channel 410 and 405 (Hopper). BTN HD is available on channel 410 and 405 (Hopper) to DISH HD subscribers. Subscribers outside these Big Ten states, or who are in the Louisville or Philadelphia area, must subscribe to DISH’s Multi-Sport package to receive BTN. Please call DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH for details.
My favorite b***h coming.
Amend PA to say PA (except Philadelphia RSN). We poor subs have to pay for the Sports Pkg to get BTN.

My favorite b***h coming.
Amend PA to say PA (except Philadelphia RSN). We poor subs have to pay for the Sports Pkg to get BTN.
That suggests a poorly worded contract on the Big 10's part. They should have included a clause that any <i>new</i> regions will be automatically added/covered.

Maryland is missing from that list too (Rutgers - which is now in the Big 10). I see that Nebraska is included, which means Dish and/or the Big 10 made a change or exception. NE initially wasn't getting the Big 10 Network.

Supposedly BTN is now or soon will be renegotiating their TV contracts, so this may change. Although Dish is usually the last one to change anything, especially if it's going to cost Charlie any money.

That suggests a poorly worded contract on the Big 10's part. They should have included a clause that any <i>new</i> regions will be automatically added/covered.

Maryland is missing from that list too (Rutgers - which is now in the Big 10). I see that Nebraska is included, which means Dish and/or the Big 10 made a change or exception. NE initially wasn't getting the Big 10 Network.
But the day they were officially in the Big Ten Dish moved BTN as a RSN to Nebraska

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)