Billing on Debit/VISA Check Card or other?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eg9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Does anyone have information of when VOOM will accept a check card(VISA, etc..) or Debit Only card, or any other billing options outside of credit card only???

Thanks in advance,

EG

Credit cards, or Visa check card should work. I use a check card myself, and have had no problems. Just a little tip though, when you sign up don't tell them it's a Visa check card or they *might* give you some problems. I never mention it, and never have a problem using it.

WOW! Really? Thanks for that tip. I'll be switching over tomorrow.

Clause 2B of the customer agreement says

"We may, in our sole discretion, accept partial payments, which will be applied to the oldest outstanding bill first. You will pay your bill by check, money order, credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer (when available), or such other payment method as we may accept, in our sole discretion".

GeneWildershair is correct, and offers good advice.

I used my credit card and than switched over to my bank debt card. Had no problems. Its easier using the debt card, for me anyways.

I've posted this before that you should never use a Debit Card for any transaction that you do not personally accept.

Debit cards are linked directly to your bank account. If they accidently overcharge, someone steals your record from their system, or any number of other scenario's you are screwed.

Yes, you do have rights as a Debit card holder, but once they money is gone, its gone and you can't get it back until the dispute or problem is settled. They can clear out your account and your out until its fixed. With a credit card at least its not your money and you have alot more rights and say so in whats going on.

I would never use a Debit card period, but if you do have one at least only use where you are personally making the charges.

Its just a bad practice and anyone who tells you "Its ok", well its not there money, its yours and I would do whatever I could to protect it.

EFT or Electronics Funds Transfer is different, because you can set the amount they are allowed to take, plus its traceable back to a specific company or person, where debit cannot be traced to an individual.

Eric_C said:
I've posted this before that you should never use a Debit Card for any transaction that you do not personally accept.

Debit cards are linked directly to your bank account. If they accidently overcharge, someone steals your record from their system, or any number of other scenario's you are screwed.

Yes, you do have rights as a Debit card holder, but once they money is gone, its gone and you can't get it back until the dispute or problem is settled. They can clear out your account and your out until its fixed. With a credit card at least its not your money and you have alot more rights and say so in whats going on.

I would never use a Debit card period, but if you do have one at least only use where you are personally making the charges.

Its just a bad practice and anyone who tells you "Its ok", well its not there money, its yours and I would do whatever I could to protect it.

EFT or Electronics Funds Transfer is different, because you can set the amount they are allowed to take, plus its traceable back to a specific company or person, where debit cannot be traced to an individual.

I think your a little paronoid as I have used a check card for 95% of my transactions for many years ..that being publicly, and or online and phone transactions.

I believe they are safe and secure as in regular CC without the interest hassle, and you never have to carry alot of cash anymore and or write alot of checks either.

It is important to look at your bank statement each month because one time I was charged for a service I once did business and it was one of those hidden charges things, and after seeing it on my bank statement I got the info from the bank on the charge and called the company and they credited my amount back to me.

Bottom line is they are safe and secure as using any other CC regrdless in my opinion.

I cut mine up!

Check cards do not have the protection of credit card. Yes the banks are good for the most part when there is a disputed withdrawal, but they don't have to be.

Much of the rights you have with a credit card and diputed charges comes from federal law. You do not have this protection with a debit card.

If somehow my credit card # gets out, and gets used, I am out nothing. In such a dispute sooner or later the credit card company will have to sue me to pay, they can't just take it out of my account.

With a debit/check card the shoe is on the other foot. The money is gone and with any big problem where your bank doesn't support or believe you, the next step is court.

If you have automatic overdraft protection it is even worse.

I don't and won't use a debit card, but I never worry about using a credit card any time any place, any country.

Trouthead said:
Check cards do not have the protection of credit card. Yes the banks are good for the most part when there is a disputed withdrawal, but they don't have to be.

Much of the rights you have with a credit card and diputed charges comes from federal law. You do not have this protection with a debit card.

If somehow my credit card # gets out, and gets used, I am out nothing. In such a dispute sooner or later the credit card company will have to sue me to pay, they can't just take it out of my account.

With a debit/check card the shoe is on the other foot. The money is gone and with any big problem where your bank doesn't support or believe you, the next step is court.

If you have automatic overdraft protection it is even worse.

I don't and won't use a debit card, but I never worry about using a credit card any time any place, any country.

That's cool that some of you think this way, and yes, you are stating accurate facts, but I will still continue to use my debit/visa card, as I have done *without problem* for many years now. Just different strokes for different folks. We'll leave it at that. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts