This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

billing question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

holman3rd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I recently upgraded 2 out of 3 boxes to the new MPEG4 boxes. My current bill has charges for both "additional receiver" ($4.99) AND "leased receiver" ($4.99).

Aren't I only supposed to be charged the $4.99 once for each box per month?

I recently upgraded 2 out of 3 boxes to the new MPEG4 boxes. My current bill has charges for both "additional receiver" ($4.99) AND "leased receiver" ($4.99).

Aren't I only supposed to be charged the $4.99 once for each box per month?

Did one of them replace your primary receiver and is your existing box owned? You should be charged $4.99 (either additional or leased) for each box after the first. In some cases you will be charged for the first and given a credit (depending on state tax laws).

I think I just realized the problem. They didn't remove my replaced receivers from my account. I have to give them a call.

Sorry for the stupid question.

I think I just realized the problem. They didn't remove my replaced receivers from my account. I have to give them a call.

This does bring up a problem that D* has not addressed with their automatic activation. During the auto activation there is no way for the tech to notify D* if any receivers will be deactivated. The only way to do this is to make a second call, and probably wait on hold for an extra 10 – 15 minutes, to have swapped receivers deactivated. I wonder how many others never notice.

They did the same thing to me this last weekend, so I had to call them tonight to fix the error.

I don't wait. If I get a human I will do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.