billing question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

holman3rd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I recently upgraded 2 out of 3 boxes to the new MPEG4 boxes. My current bill has charges for both "additional receiver" ($4.99) AND "leased receiver" ($4.99).

Aren't I only supposed to be charged the $4.99 once for each box per month?

I recently upgraded 2 out of 3 boxes to the new MPEG4 boxes. My current bill has charges for both "additional receiver" ($4.99) AND "leased receiver" ($4.99).

Aren't I only supposed to be charged the $4.99 once for each box per month?

Did one of them replace your primary receiver and is your existing box owned? You should be charged $4.99 (either additional or leased) for each box after the first. In some cases you will be charged for the first and given a credit (depending on state tax laws).

I think I just realized the problem. They didn't remove my replaced receivers from my account. I have to give them a call.

Sorry for the stupid question.

I think I just realized the problem. They didn't remove my replaced receivers from my account. I have to give them a call.

Sorry for the stupid question.

This does bring up a problem that D* has not addressed with their automatic activation. During the auto activation there is no way for the tech to notify D* if any receivers will be deactivated. The only way to do this is to make a second call, and probably wait on hold for an extra 10 – 15 minutes, to have swapped receivers deactivated. I wonder how many others never notice.

This does bring up a problem that D* has not addressed with their automatic activation. During the auto activation there is no way for the tech to notify D* if any receivers will be deactivated. The only way to do this is to make a second call, and probably wait on hold for an extra 10 – 15 minutes, to have swapped receivers deactivated. I wonder how many others never notice.

I don't wait. If I get a human I will do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts