Billing question

TigerpounceTN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I would like to use my tax refund to take care of a few bills. Is it possible to pay ahead with your Dish Network bill? I would like to pay around $500 to Dish and not worry about the bill for a while. If I did that would my bill essentially be paid until the point where it breaks even, or would the money just be rejected or fall into some pit of nothingness?

I would like to use my tax refund to take care of a few bills. Is it possible to pay ahead with your Dish Network bill? I would like to pay around $500 to Dish and not worry about the bill for a while. If I did that would my bill essentially be paid until the point where it breaks even, or would the money just be rejected or fall into some pit of nothingness?

Not sure(...most places I deal with would just leave it as a credit on the account); but financially speaking, you're much better off paying off bills that you're paying interest on, like credit cards & loans, then a monthly bill that's essentially not costing you anything to pay. ;)

Not sure(...most places I deal with would just leave it as a credit on the account); but financially speaking, you're much better off paying off bills that you're paying interest on, like credit cards & loans, then a monthly bill that's essentially not costing you anything to pay. ;)

That is true, but I don't currently have any open credit accounts. I rent my house and own both cars. No credit cards either.

That is true, but I don't currently have any open credit accounts. I rent my house and own both cars. No credit cards either.

WOW....

*pats Vomaul on the back*

;)

I own everything (...no loans); but in this day age would find it very difficult to go without credit cards. Or at least a debit card..... :cool:

Back when I paid for my sub annually, Dish wouldn't let me pay annually for my locals. To fix this, I paid an extra $60 with my annual payment, and it showed up as a credit, decreasing $5 every month until the year was up.

Not sure why you want to give Dish an interest free loan. Keep your money in your account & use auto-pay if you just don't want to worry about sending the bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)