Billy Packer won't be calling any more Final Fours

While Packer didn't bother me too much personally, he certainly won't be missed by most of America. Many people have been praying for this day to come for a long time. What I don't get is why CBS would tap Clark Kellogg to replace Packer? CK is good in the studio, but is an average analyst. Jay Bilas is the best available. If CBS can't get him out of his contract with ESPN then they should try to land someone worthy of calling the FF. Len Elmore is very good too IMO. I know he's with ESPN too, but CBS should take some time to work something out with them instead of just naming Kellogg as Packer's replacement.

While Packer didn't bother me too much personally, he certainly won't be missed by most of America. Many people have been praying for this day to come for a long time. What I don't get is why CBS would tap Clark Kellogg to replace Packer? CK is good in the studio, but is an average analyst. Jay Bilas is the best available. If CBS can't get him out of his contract with ESPN then they should try to land someone worthy of calling the FF. Len Elmore is very good too IMO. I know he's with ESPN too, but CBS should take some time to work something out with them instead of just naming Kellogg as Packer's replacement.

Absolutely agreed. Besides, I think Special K is better suited in the studio.

Good riddance.

Bilas is the best color announcer in basketball. He should've replaced Packer, but I'm just glad Billy's done.

As for play-by-play, I don't know who should replace Nantz, but it should happen. He needs to stick to golf.

Good riddance.

Bilas is the best color announcer in basketball. He should've replaced Packer, but I'm just glad Billy's done.

As for play-by-play, I don't know who should replace Nantz, but it should happen. He needs to stick to golf.

I agree that Bilas is the best in the business today. I didn't mind Packer's analysis during a game so much, but I DID think he was a blowhard otherwise. I would still take Packer over Dukie V. any day of the week. I also agree with you about Nantz. Pick one or the other , Jim. I'd love to see Verne Lundquist get the lead gig, but I doubt CBS would ever give it to him considering his age.

Why should he have to stick to golf?? I think he does a great job with hoops too.

Just be careful what you ask for. I understand that Bryant Gumbel has some available time ....;)

Packer declaring the Kansas-UNC Final Four game "over" half way through the first half was another nail in his coffin. I'm sure that declaration, made to millions watching, didn't exactly endear Packer to the CBS hierarchy.

Who would have thought that after getting rid of Brent Musberger in 1990 that it would take 18 more years to get rid of Packer. I watched most Final Four games on mute for the past decade.

I'd dump Jim Nantz in favor of Greg Gumbel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts