BioShock - XBox 360/PC - You must download the demo

Is this the game where your walking around and you see your hands, and your left hand has energy shooting out of it?

My son downloaded it and was playing it yesterday, he said it was a cool game.

Yes, that's it. Be aware it is a hard M rated game though.

All of the online game sites should have their embargo on reviews lifted today or tomorrow.

Bioshock Demo

Downloaded the demo on Monday for 360. Fantastic! Graphics are unbelievable. This might be game of the year, even with Halo 3 coming out in September. Comes out 8-21-07.

I heard the full game was leaked earlier at Toys R Us stores on the east coast by accident, I had a few friends online already with the full game.

That will be a major screwup by TRU if they didn't get the clearance to sell early.

Edit: Just found this on one of the game boards:

I went to my TRU and the guy had 4 sitting there behind the desk. He said he had just gotten an email telling him not to sell it, and apparently the other TRUs are getting in trouble for it.

I downloaded the demo after a wait of 2 days . The graphics are amazing, I love this kind of game. The player response is very fast, the control even better. This is definitively a buy for me. I needed a new game, I kind of bored playing the same games. This and Madden will keep me busy for a while.

Uh Oh! A bad review is in:

After many months of anticipation I finally got my copy of Bioshock and played through it over the past few days. There are many things to like about Bioshock such as the graphics (not animation), parts of the story and the water effects. That’s about where the good stuff ends.

First let me say how excited I was for the game after playing the demo on the 360. While the animation seemed stiff and you could tell the 360 was being pushed too hard it still looked like it had a lot of potential. So imagine my disappointment when I got the final version only to find none of the animation hitches, shooting glitches and AI was cleaned up. I also wonder how much better the graphics would’ve been had they not been compressed to fit on a DVD. Now I do not fault the developers for this, they only had so much system power to work with so maybe this will all be addressed with the PS3 version when it comes out.

To conclude, let this game cook in the oven just a little bit longer and wait for the superior PS3 version. Cleaned up textures, animations, AI, extra weapons, Home space, standard HDD and Blu-ray will make this flawed game into a perfect gem.

5/10

Source: Sony Defense Force

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah I might get a copy for the PC but been waiting on Quake Wars which is due out next month.

PC version players must read:

2K Games only allows 2 installs of BioShock. It even counts a reinstall of Windows on the same pc toward the total.

How many installs do we get ? Transfer of ownership ? - 2K Forums

Update from 2k_Elizabeth:

hey guys,

first, let me say this. you DO NOT NEED TO USE THE INTERNET EVERY TIME YOU PLAY THIS GAME. it is only the first time.

second, you can uninstall and reinstall this game, and if, by chance, you have 2 computers you want to simultaneously play this game on, you also can do that.

if by some chance you are reinstalling this game without uninstalling it first, a lot, there is a chance you may have to call securom and get a key, or deactivate some older installations.

but if you upgrade your hardware next week, you'll still be able to play the game. if you revamp your system and need to reinstall bioshock, just uninstall it before you go through the overhaul, and then do your reinstall.

calling it "hardware fingerprinting" is a bit alarmist. we do not transmit any of your data to any companies.

really, the only people who will be concerned about any of these security measures are those who are rapidly putting bioshock on many pcs... if you use the game as you normally do, you won't notice this at all.

Database Error

Last edited:

Why no 1080i for PS3 Tiger08

PS3 price drop is for clearance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)