Birmingham local HD CBS42 glitch

It's only affecting the CBS channel. ABC, NBC, and FOX seem to be OK. It gets so bad at times that I have to switch back to SD to watch the program.

Birmingham is a relatively new HD locals area. They have had quality problems with several local stations across the country. Probably something in the stream they are being sent that one end or the other needs to address.

Again, report it to dishquality@echostar.com.

I sent the email. Have not got a reply yet.

I got a reply from dish a week ago about cbs hd in Bham. They said that the problem was taking place the day it was launched but has since been fixed. I sent back another and said others providers are having the same problem. I think the problem is with the station and the head engineer is Fred. Please give Fred a call. No one I know has been able to get in touch with him.

I think Fred must be screening his calls. I left him a voice message to call me about the issue. I will let everyone know if he calls me back.

Just wondering, why does Birmingham AL, with a population of about 240,000, get HD locals, but Indianapolis metro (with 1.6M+) does not?

Makes no sense to me. Is it the local stations' management?

I think Fred must be screening his calls. I left him a voice message to call me about the issue. I will let everyone know if he calls me back.

Good luck on him returning your call. Myself and several other people have left messages but no return of a call. Someone had said that he knows about it and cannot fix it at this time or does not want to bother with it at all. We do have a right to know what is going on though!!!!!

This is the reply to my email:

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We share your concerns about the signal quality with the WIAT CBS42 HD channel in Birmingham. Our engineers are indeed addressing the quality of this channel and hope to have the matter resolved as quickly as possible.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Regards,
EchoStar Satellite LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

Maybe they will get it corrected soon.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)