Black and White 622 Picture.........?

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
We just got a new replacment 622 yesterday. All was ok, yesterday. Today, my wife turns on the new replacment reciever and all there is is a black and white picture. I didn't see it, but she says it was there. She chose the "guide" to see what channel she was on, and the little picture in the upper right hand side was black and white also. She shut down the reciever and went to OTA television. I came home and couldn't get a picture at all on the 622. I did a hard reset, unplugged, plugged back in and waited. The color picture came back on, and all was well. Has anybody experienced this yet? Please lead me to an answer, as this is bugging the beegiggers out of me.
Thanks for the responses.

Lyle

Ummm... this may be stupid, but was she tuned to TCM or one of the Voom movie channels? They show a fair amount of Black and White content.

CDH.

Now the truth comes out......................

After some thought and consternation, I finally got the whole truth of the black and white picture. My wife said that when she told me of the black and white picture, she only said that there was a BLACK SCREEN ONLY, not a black and white picture. Well, we went round and round as to what she had really said, and I guess I heard her wrong.(Yah sure, I even wrote down what she said to me). So, to keep peace, I said that the next time this happens, do a front panel reset, which won't hurt anything and the reciever will have started anew.
Marriage is sure sweet, hey.
Thanks for the responses, it sure helps when there are people who want to help in sticky situations.
It's nice to be part of the group.
Thanks again:

Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)