Black screen on several channels (CNN, Nat Geo, Nick)

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
Anyone else having this happen? Check signal stalls out at 60% as well. Might be weather related, but the channels do not show a Signal Loss message.

I am in the Midwest on Eastern arc - sats are 61.5 and 77 (at least I think).

A while back when this started it seemed to be only NBC stations. But all morning my TV was going black 5, 6, 7 times every 10 minutes or so on any station. The only way to remedy it was to change the channel. The on screen graphics worked just fine. If I went to a recording it wouldn't play. It would show that the unplayed program was over and nothing could be done to make it play.

I also noticed that the H3 was quieter than normal. That is really nice. Then later in day the blackouts stopped.

Also last night both the RJ-45 and the USB on the bottom row failed at about the same time. So moving stuff around I started playing with the WiFi. AND of the 8 streams from my AX6000 the DVR sees 7 of them and as they decline in order they dropped 10dB. So it was easy find the best SSID to grab on to, thinking I might be needing it if RJ-45 ports keep failing, only the H3 wouldn't jump on any of them. I was just playin' just in case. MoCA is being very flacky too. The connection between the two H3s showed a lot of failures.

All this strangeness leads me to believe that this box could be failing. But after all the years of D¡SH gear I'm use to the "issues". But I'm really enjoying the quiet.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

A fan replacement might fix an overheating problem and all the others as well.
Just curious. If u lease the equipment, r u allowed to open them up and replace parts? I doubt it unless u own them. The last thing I need is Dish demanding $ to replace them! And who could blame them!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)