Blackberry?

I know that Nokia has at least one product that is sort of like a mini-laptop thingy and it requires no monthly subscription... just access to wifi or bluetooth... thought about getting myself one but am waiting a couple of years since newer cheaper laptops keep coming out yearly...
Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N800

Despite Nokia's strong association with cellular products, the N800 is not a phone, but instead allows the user to browse the Internet and communicate using Wi-Fi networks or with mobile phone via Bluetooth.

The only part I am now starting to dislike about the Blackberry is the data plan. It seems like over the past few days the data plan has been really slow. I am on verizon and it does not seem to be a Verizon plan issue as a whole. I was testing with a Palm Centro and the blackberry at the same time and the Palm was much much faster in this aspect. I am still in my 30 day return periord so this thing might be going back the next couple of days.

Well the Blackberry went back yesterday. I returned it and purchased the Moto Q9C. The phone is a little larger but it is much more usable. I really like the larger keyboard and the data plan seems much faster than what it was with the Blackberry. I also love being able to use the Sling Player with it.

Do blackberry's offer Rev A speeds? Last I knew, the ones at work did not and that was part of the painfully slow data that wasn't pushed to the device.

HTML email coming to a BlackBerry near you! Rolling out now or in the near future depending on your carrier.

:)

I'm on Sprint which has EVDO Rev 0. I don't tether so personally it doesn't bother me. The overall agility of operating the device makes up for it. :D

JAG72 - BlackBerry was rolling out some new updates last week and others had reported a slow data connection too, but since the update was completed the speeds are back. I hope you didn't dump the BlackBerry prematurely!

I'm on sprint too, I get Rev A speeds on my mogul. Where are you at in Minnesota? I have not found a definitive Rev A map for sprint yet. The one they offer on the site is not what I would call accurate.

I'm west of the Cities about 50 miles. I don't know about the Rev A map either. I noticed the coverage map on their site the other day and I'm in one of the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network "zones".

I believe the Rev A speeds were enabled for the Mogul after the last OS update. I think there is one other Sprint device that is capable of Rev A speed as well but don't recall which one it was. The BlackBerry is still Rev 0.

Ah, yeah, I think the Touch got it with the latest update. Really would think the blackberry's would get it too, but providers do some really odd stuff.

JAG72 - BlackBerry was rolling out some new updates last week and others had reported a slow data connection too, but since the update was completed the speeds are back. I hope you didn't dump the BlackBerry prematurely!

Don't regret it one bit. I love the Moto Q. It does everything that I need and more.

Don't regret it one bit. I love the Moto Q. It does everything that I need and more.

I made it 48 hours, which is more then I made it with the Nokia E60 and the Tilt, with the Moto. Its back in a box at work and nobody else wants it, another one to add to the pile.

It works, and if somebody asked me who has never used a BB for a good email device, the Moto is excellent, indeed i would recommend it.

That said though its not nearly as quick as my BB at receiving and sending, i cant file messages as quickly into other folders, the GPS was slower then the BB one to do anything (and i am literally lost without my GPS) and just plain not as easy to move around with. It also was a little weird to be a windows device with no touch screen, kinda unusual.

Its not the devices fault, its just i have used BB for a while now and when you get the muscle memory of jumping around on them its difficult to duplicate on another device.

Oh well its horses for courses, what you're used to etc...