Blackbird and AMC4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
I can't seem to find AMC4 sat on my blackbird? is it the same as the directTV sat?

I just did it on a coolsat, and it listed the AMC4 sat but not the blackbird? any suggestions?

thank you

Its at the same orbital position as DirecTV at 101ºw but it is a different satellite!

it seems like a really simply receiver, but it seems like i don't understand it.

there are 2 screens: dish setup and transponder set up? what i'm having an issue with is the fact that the transponder only goes up to 9, when i do a sat scan, and it should go up to at least 24 for the portuguese channel?

any ideas?

What size of antenna is being used, and what type of LNBF???
You must use at least a 30 inch antenna with a Ku-band LNBF.
18 inch DBS antennas with DBS LNBFs, such those from DirecTV, will not work.

You must also manually enter the transponder information and scan for channels, assuming you have the proper antenna and LNBF pointed at AMC-4 satellite.

ok, i went to my uncle's house, and i looked at his receiver (which is the same). and i was just going to copy the info from his to my blackbird. What i noticed is that, it's pointed to Galaxy 10R, and he gets RTPi????

i thought RTPi (portuguese channel) was only available on AMC4???
that's the only channel i want to get!!! Should I point it the same way???

any advice would be greatly appreciated???

by the way the dish size is 33 inch, i believe it's a universal LNB, but i'm not 100% sure!

If you are getting RTPi you MUST be pointed at AMC-4 It does not matter what name of satellite you use if its a fixed dish setup!

so when i looked at my uncle's it says Galaxy 10R, and the location is 123 deg. West???

thats not the right one????

and as far as the TP, it shows it as TP1, not TP24, like lyngsat says....

sorry for asking so many questions but i really need to know what i'm working with here!!!

All you need to do is change to AMC-4 rescan or enter the TP, that RTPi is on and you are done!

are u familiar with the blackbird? how do i change it to say AMC4, it only lists the DirectTV equivalent?

NOT Familiar with Blackbird and don't want to be :)

If it does not have the satellite listed ANY name will work!

i don't understand by what you mean??? any satellite will work???

can you please explain further?? i'm sorry, but you're being too brief, and i'm not very knowledgeable with satellites.

Since you do not have that satellite programmed into the box there are two options
-create a satellite in the setup (some boxes wil allow this)
-reuse an existing satellite (if you can rename it thats even better)

As PSB noted, if this is a fixed dish (only going to be at one satellite), any satellite in the receiver will work fine (regardless of name)

i understand i can rename, but do i rename the position as well???? change it to 101W?

by JUST renaming it, what happens?? i'm concerned that I won't pick it up because i can do something wrong, then i won't know where to start?

is the dish motorized or is it going to stay at 101?

yes you can rename the position if you want. All you have to do is program in the frequencies you want to pick up (sounds like you want RTPI) and scan.

ok, perfect!!! thank you for clearing this up.

what about the TP number? does it have to be TP24 for RTPi? or can it be any TP?

nah. you can use whatever transponder you want to use.

Just pick a transponder and program it in to the box as such

12169 freq
H polarity
3003 symbol rate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)