BlackBird Stealth 2000 FTA receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godfather818

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Hey guys anyone heard of BlackBird Stealth 2000 FTA receiver. I know someone who is selling it for cheap and I want to buy it but first want to make sure if it can get G25? Couldnt find anything on it on google. THanks

The Blackbird was used for hacking but hasn't worked for that for a long time. It should work for FTA but how well I don't know. If it is really cheap get it other wise get a coolsat4000/5000/6000. Those coolsat models are going on ebay for 20-40 dollars now and will work.

From what I have read it's a clone of the Blackbird Max.The max had an editable sat list so you should be fine.

You know if Blackbird Max had a blind scan feature, and should this clone also have it? What if it doesnt have blind scan how can I scan 97w.

If it doesn't have a blind scan it should have some kind of autoscan that will scan the channels that are on transponders that are stored into the recievers memory. These may possibly be out of date and may need to be edited. Worst case would be if it has neither option, then every channel would need to be entered manually.

Coolsat 4000 is going over 40 on ebay. What is the cheapest clone out there. I just want to view the channels thats it no other options.

nay

The Coolsat family will blind scan and find all the transponders, and the channels on them.
I would not waste my time with some old relic without knowing much more about it.
Nor my money.

What is your time worth?
Up to you.

edit: I just looked on eBay.
Found several possible 5000's and 6000's
Gotta watch the shipping charges, of course.
Several members here have recently reported getting 5000's or 6000's for $35, delivered !

I also saw one Mercury II for a good price, and it'd be an excellent choice, too.

Wasn't impressed with the Pansat nor Traxis prices (two other possibilities with blind scan).

Last edited:
I saw some of the Pansat 2500's and 2700's going cheap too, around the price of the coolsats. There usually is more of the coolsats listed. All the newer models are expensive thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts