Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
My local FSN Cincinnati channel is blacked out in HD for some reason. I can watch the SD channel but not the HD channel. Directv says it is the provider doing it, but I know that is a bunch of bull. It happened last week too. Is Directv still taking bandwidth away for the Sunday Ticket?

They have something messed up. I can tune 661-1, but it is the FS Houston Feed. That's why you're blacked out, you can't view the away feed.

678-1 also has the Houston feed, so no option there for you.

I have been unable to watch the YES feed of the Yankees-Orioles game all day. I subscribe to MLBEI and am not in the Yankees or Orioles footprint. I called DirecTV and the CSR couldn't help me - he claimed it was a "broadcast issue" with MLB or the channel. That is garbage as I have not had any problems with the YES feed all season. I am getting very frustrated with D* as I have been having On Demand issues recently; these issues have yet to be resolved as well.

Anyone else having issues with today's YES feed????

Maybe they received or entered the wrong zip coded data file? Are you sure they game wasn't on any local source; area sports net; ESPN?

I know THEY don't handle blackouts directly AND they USED TO enter a territory / market area database file or something like that; maybe it got messed up.

Blackouts by the leagues, teams, DMAs are such BS anyway!!!

Maybe they received or entered the wrong zip coded data file? Are you sure they game wasn't on any local source?

The game was not on locally and I never have YES blacked out for a live Yankee game unless they play the Red Sox. I have subscribed to MLBEI for 11 years and have had only a handful of problems. With the addition of dual feeds I expect to get what I pay for, which, today, includes both the home feed (on MASN) and the away feed (on YES).

Could someone at D* possibly have gotten Baltimore confused with Boston and blacked out the away feed? Stranger things have happened...

Hmmm, just thinking if you got all those them maybe YES had something arranged. Anyway like I said above BOs are pure BS and cause nothing but confusion and heartache for the re-transmission service and their viewers. You got to see the game; so all was well.

My zip code is 41102 so I should have been getting 661-1 like I do every other day they play.

My local FSN Cincinnati channel is blacked out in HD for some reason. I can watch the SD channel but not the HD channel. Directv says it is the provider doing it, but I know that is a bunch of bull.

Same market. Same problem.

This is what is wrong with CS. Some clueless person who does not understand blackouts just quotes from The Big Book Of Why The Customer Is Always Wrong and nothing gets done.

DirecTV needs to take those of us who know the blackout rules and know when they screw up seriously, transfer the calls higher, FIX THE PROBLEM, and compensate those affected.

Its called customer service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)