Blackhawks on WGN HD next season

pglavin

Original poster
May 30, 2007
Just heard that WGN will be televising 20 Blackhawks games in HD beginning next season. Nice to have an additional 20 (free) games to go with 2 per week on NHL Network, Versus and HDNet and for us in WNY, 82 Sabre games.

Who needs CI?

Wow, a buddy of mine will love that news.

I must have missed it - are there plans for Dish to carry WGN-HD?

From other posts I've seen this will only be for the local WGN Chicago feed, not the Superstation feed of WGN.

I am running low on fingers, toes, eyes, and other assorted twisted body parts waiting for Chuckles to add additional HD. However, WGN HD (the superstation) would be a nice add, especially with the Blackhawks news. Still hoping for the additional HD.:hungry:

OK, to make it clear, Hawks WILL NOT be on the Superstation. From Daily Herald | WGN, Comcast deals make history for Hawks

The deal with WGN is for local telecasts only. Hawks president John McDonough said the games would not be part of WGN's package as a superstation.

Thanks for the information, I will keep my hopes up for the superstation and HD baseball. I hope the hockey fans in the local market enjoy because it has been many years since WGN covered the Blackhawks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts