Blackout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2004
South
I'm confused, how can a game on a channel I pay for in my package (ESPN2) be a blackout in my area? I don't even know who's playing and doubt if anyone in Alabama would be attending anyway..
:confused:

Blacked out likely because some local affiliate is carrying the exact same game so ESPN & ESPN2 will yield the broadcast rights by rule. It doesn't have to be Alabama, but anything listed as "in your region". What is your zip code?

I just guessed and used a Huntsville, AL zip code and see that ESPN2 and WAAY (ABC 31) are both showing the same game and these are the same blackout rules that ALWAYS EXIST in 99.9% of sports; your DBS provider has no control over this issue. IF you provide your zip I bet this is the same reason.

Had a similar situation here with FSU/Miami and OSU/MSU. They are both ESPN games, but since my local ABC affiliate was showing the FSU/Miami (I am in ACC territory, so that figures), ESPN was showing the OSU/MSU game. Not really a blackout, but it was a shared telecast depending on your area. Maybe this was the case for you...

You may not have been blacked out. Did you check channel 211? My area had the OSU/MSU game on ABC, ESPN2 blacked out and the FSU/Miami game on ESPN2 alternate (ch 211)

didn't check 211, was it HD?
not blaming D* just think it's uncalled for whoever is at fault

I'm confused, how can a game on a channel I pay for in my package (ESPN2) be a blackout in my area? I don't even know who's playing and doubt if anyone in Alabama would be attending anyway..
:confused:

Try visiting Sports Schedules They have RSN by zip code, as well as shedule (with channel avilability) for each team or school.

didn't check 211, was it HD?
not blaming D* just think it's uncalled for whoever is at fault

Not sure if in HD...This is something that ESPN came up to get more folks "elligble" to see out of market games actually. In the past at 3:30 ABC had the one regional game in your area and ESPN had World Series of Poker at 3:30.

What's more confusing is why are Sacramento Kings games on CSN in SD but not on the CSN HD channel? That is downright ridiculous - I want to see them lose in high-def!

What's more confusing is why are Sacramento Kings games on CSN in SD but not on the CSN HD channel? That is downright ridiculous - I want to see them lose in high-def!

I'm not sure if any of the RSN's broadcast every game in HD... hard to get the right cameras and equipment to every game, especially on the road...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)