This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Blank Channels

bill94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Hamilton, NJ
I had cable installed yesterday. Two dvr's and two standard boxes. I have a lot of channels that are coming up blank that I should have. No error codes or nothing, the on-demand does not work. All it says when I try to subscribe to something is "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again. I did the unplug and reboot thing already, and checked the two splitters I have to make sure the fitting are tight. Still nothing. Anyone have a clue what could be the problem.

Sounds like the boxes aren't properly authorized, call customer service.

If it's happening to only digital channels you need to make sure the splitters can handle the right frequency. What you need to get is satellite splitters and those would work.

I concur, since it was just installed, call tech/customer support; they should be made to come out same day. So were they working when you and the tech checked the install; right before you signed off? OR did they just go out?

They are coming out tomorrow to take a look. I was going through the channels when he got done, I signed off and he left. About an hour after he left, I started to see the blank channels. I also notes 3 or 4 channels in my kids room are pixilating. It only happens on that set.

There are analog channels blacked out also.

It was a signal issue. He replaced the line from the grounding block to my first splitter and put in an amp. All is well!!