Blank Channels

bill94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Hamilton, NJ
I had cable installed yesterday. Two dvr's and two standard boxes. I have a lot of channels that are coming up blank that I should have. No error codes or nothing, the on-demand does not work. All it says when I try to subscribe to something is "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again. I did the unplug and reboot thing already, and checked the two splitters I have to make sure the fitting are tight. Still nothing. Anyone have a clue what could be the problem. :confused:

If it's happening to only digital channels you need to make sure the splitters can handle the right frequency. What you need to get is satellite splitters and those would work.

I concur, since it was just installed, call tech/customer support; they should be made to come out same day. So were they working when you and the tech checked the install; right before you signed off? OR did they just go out?

They are coming out tomorrow to take a look. I was going through the channels when he got done, I signed off and he left. About an hour after he left, I started to see the blank channels. I also notes 3 or 4 channels in my kids room are pixilating. It only happens on that set.

There are analog channels blacked out also.

It was a signal issue. He replaced the line from the grounding block to my first splitter and put in an amp. All is well!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts