Blind Scan & transponder list pansat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intrust16

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I have a Pansat 3500SD,

1) What is a blind scan and how can I access it through my menu? Manual relates to smart search, no blind scan topic in pansat menu booklet.

2) Is there a way to download a list of the actual transponders for the clark belt from 60W-160W? I'am trying to edit all my sats and I see alot of transponders that doesn't seem to move the dish whenever I use USALS configurations to go to another sat. Can't seem to pick up AMC6 with the transponder coordinates I was provided with on my last post also.

3500SD, SG2100, Winegard 76cm, Invacom QPH031

Smart search is blind scan!

Use Lyngsat for a list of TP's and your Smart search to fill in the blanks :)

I thought blind scan would scan the sky and map each sat with their active transponders. To search the sky you have to manually enter smart search for every single sat and then scan one at a time? I thought it would go by itself and do all the mapping and findings...

Yep!

It will ONLY find LIVE transponders, so if there is nothing broadcasting it will skip right by the transponder!

Yes you have to scan satellites one by one!

The Satworks 3688 receiver would scan ALL satellites, it would take a LONG time but would automatically move itself from satellite to satellite!

I think there is another receiver with this feature......

Maybe the other members will chip in here!

The Satwork ST 3688 is retired but you can still find them, they have a GREAT blind scan!

Coolsat will do it.

go to blind scan and select the satellites you want ot scan. Only drawback is it starts scaning the 2nd satellite before it finishes moving. So if you say SBS6 & AMC5 99% of the times it will miss the UEN channels (11742 V 11110) after scanning SBS6 because the dish is still moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts