AZBOX Blindscan for AZbox me/mini

Does the blindscan plug-in for E2 update the satellite.xml file? From what I've read it doesn't which seems to make the blindscan somewhat worthless as how do you save the channels/transponders found?

Can you buy a Me or Mini Me in the United States yet? If they were selling anywhere I'd expect to see them on eBay, but all I see are the old models and the fake ones.

Unfortunately you wouldn't want one now even if you could buy one locally although adding blindscan support is a good step forward.

What's wrong with them other than not having blind scan? Nobody seems to say, just says they're bad.

Aztrino, the firmware publically supported by Opensat, has limited functionality and bugs. E2, isn't publically supported by Opensat, is more mature lots of features but still has bugs.

I have had azbox Premium since May 2009, which despite bugs I am very satisfied with because compared with the three other STB's I have, is the most versitile, in partitcular the motorized and editing functions. I have flashed all official beta firmware and Enigma2 many times over and have not has any major problems. I use it as master driving my other STB because I can always get it working. I have Vu plus Duo which uses Enigma2, solidly constructed but but also has bugs and the inflexibility of its motorized system but the advantage of countless plugins which E2 affords.

I bought the Azbox me last October and despite my initial disppointment with Neutrino firmware, I have found it much less buggy than often reported. Interesingly, it has lots of flexibility and functions which anyone who has used Enigma2 can transfer to eg. Tranferring scripts emulators etc. Now I can get almost of the functions of the official firmware and Enigma2 with no problem at all.
The point here is that there are contributors who give opinions based on hearsay or brief encounters with these machines but having possessed lost of them ove

I stand by my comments, you are certainly entitled to yours. Any reason you ignored my comment about the satellite.xml file? Does that sound like hearsay? BTW, want to explain exactly what scripts and emulators have to do with FTA? :popcorn

I stand by my comments, you are certainly entitled to yours. Any reason you ignored my comment about the satellite.xml file? Does that sound like hearsay? BTW, want to explain exactly what scripts and emulators have to do with FTA? :popcorn

I have the ME over the pond in the UK running AZtrino 1.6. Anything it finds in a blind scan is saved in a 'services' XML file leaving the 'satellite' xml file untouched. For me that's great as I can just delete the 'services' file then redo the blindscan without it clogging up the satellite xml file with unwanted transponders. which become dead.
You have to reboot however everytime you blind scan else it screws up, hardly ideal, still some way to go I think, but at least it does work whereas Enigma 2 blindscan will only lock in high band transponders and ignores anything in low band.

thanks for the update as using services.xml does sound like the best option. now maybe if they would release blindscan for current hd boxes.

I have the ME over the pond in the UK running AZtrino 1.6. Anything it finds in a blind scan is saved in a 'services' XML file leaving the 'satellite' xml file untouched. For me that's great as I can just delete the 'services' file then redo the blindscan without it clogging up the satellite xml file with unwanted transponders. which become dead.
You have to reboot however everytime you blind scan else it screws up, hardly ideal, still some way to go I think, but at least it does work whereas Enigma 2 blindscan will only lock in high band transponders and ignores anything in low band.

Scopus - im sure thats not the case anymore is it, re the E2 firmware, and satscan 1.3 for E2??

Hello Scopus
Regarding Satscan 1.3 and 1.4 versions, i have tried with OpenSpa, OpenRsi, alonzo blue 2.2 which is basically Openrsi, alonzo 8.0 and none of these firms works with Satscan for c-band.
Is there a way of setting this up so it would work?, if there is please let us know.
Regards.
Chewie

By the way, I have the Azbox P+

Not sure why you are using Enigma 2 on an AzBox Premium HD Plus as that firmware is geared for the European market but it is a well known fact that blindscan on those types of firmware does not work on C-band.

Your best bet is to reinstall the latest 0.9.5402 version of the original firmware which will provide you with a perfectly working blindscan on both C and Ku band with the ability to specify scan frequency range and other parameters.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

its funny that there is not much enthusiasm for feed hunting here in the UK, but you guys are well into it.

it looks like i'll be ok with Ku feeds then with the E2 images and satscan 1.4

i think i will get my ME, im only paying £130 for it anyway....and all i want it for is feeds and 4.2.2

As PwrSurge says the Satscan 1.3, 1.4 will only scan Ku band and not C Band. The only versions that will scan C Band are the North American Version that AZBox Canada has released for the MiniMe and two older versions 1.85 and 2.15 for the ME which you can't seem to download now, also Official firmware for the older boxes.
Regarding Satscan, it is not the fastest blindscan and scans the whole Ku band but the well respected feedhunter Roy Carman here in the UK has said this is the most thorough of the scans and finds feed his other receivers cannot find, of which he has a few. Indeed there are not many feedhunter enthusiasts here in the UK now as most feeds seem to be encrypted these days, gone are the days I could watch the US golf in the clear on 22W.

Last edited: