Blips every 30 minutes - on the hour and half hour.

Remilk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
I have a Hopper and one Joey. Every hour on the hour and on the half-hour I get a blip or break in the transmission. I have turned the Hopper off, then on and also unplugged, wait a few minutes, then plug the Hopper in, in an attempt to correct this problem. This has not fixed this aggravating problem. I have called tech support, but no help.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause and correction of this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Yes, The picture freezes briefly or misses frames so it appears choppy; and audio breaks up

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

This happens on both the Hopper and Joey.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Is the hopper hard lined? If so try another port on the router. I've heard that a poor or intermittent internet connection can cause havoc on hopper systems such as freezing, black screens, and unresponsive joeys ect.

TS-Mike:

Read Scott's and my responses. This has been a problem with Hopper and Joey for a long time. I'm not sure exactly what the cause is, but I wonder if it's an issue with buffer memory on the Hopper. It is in the recorded data streams (i.e. DVR playback) which indicates there's a bottleneck somewhere in the chain within the hopper. All the recorded streams never leave the system.

It may have to do with the rewind feature for Live TV and flushing buffer files, but we aren't allowed access to the boxes so we can't take a look at the machine state when it happens.

In another thread, someone said that it was because of updating the program guide every half hour. Pretty lame if so, but I never heard any confirmation.

I have noticed this on my 211k's as well ... it's at the hour and half-hour. It could be the guide data updating and purging. It doesn't really bother me, but I do wish there was a fix.

I have noticed this on my 211k's as well ... it's at the hour and half-hour. It could be the guide data updating and purging. It doesn't really bother me, but I do wish there was a fix.

Remember, Dish says this is the fastest CPU they've ever used on a DVR. Perhaps the RAM allocation is too small for everything that's going on. Just a thought.

No telling what the heck is going on, but somehow I feel that it's not a hardware limitation. My Hoppers have been doing this since day 1, however my 722k NEVER did this until L751 and above. Now it's the same as the Hoppers. Still REALLY annoying. Especially when you can't hear the last words said on a program.

C'mon Dish, are you TRYING to make your receivers look ghetto?

I have this problem as well but also have an issue with the joey. Every time i rewind the program i'm watching, it will start playing then almost immediately jump back to live tv. Could this be related to the previous comment about the buffer memory and if so what can i do to help remedy this? Thanks

No telling what the heck is going on, but somehow I feel that it's not a hardware limitation. My Hoppers have been doing this since day 1, however my 722k NEVER did this until L751 and above. Now it's the same as the Hoppers. Still REALLY annoying. Especially when you can't hear the last words said on a program.

C'mon Dish, are you TRYING to make your receivers look ghetto?

I get audio drop outs on my 722K. Sometimes video stutters. Signal is about 90. It started happening also after the L754 update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)