Block artifcats 110°

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tvdxer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I've really been enjoying our new VIP 622, particularly that I now have Dish and DVR in my room. A couple of days ago, I noticed tiling (is that what it's called?) / blocking artifacts in some of the the shows I recorded to DVR and dismissed them as either recording compression artifacts or over-compression on the part of Dish. However, my mom adverted me to the fact that they occur live, and very often (roughly every 5-8 seconds) on her favorite channel, LMN. I checked signal strength on 110° Tp 2, where LMN is located, and got a 64, which seems to well above the 20 threshold (129° on our system is only slightly above 20 and does not seem to present problems). I'm not sure of this, but it might of also been on 110° that I noticed the block problems.

The artifacts do not seem to be associated with motion.

Any causes or solutions? Thanks.

Only thing is 129 isn't the problem. Actually, signal strengths there are 24 to 46 or so. 110 is the issue. And last check signal strength was at 64.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts