Blockbuster Online - HD DVD MIA

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
So, has anyone been able to add any of the movies released in the last two weeks to their queue?

Black Rain
Brokeback Mountain
Half Baked
Beerfest
The Wicker Man

The first two, say "no rental product available". The last three just aren't there!

Any idea if Netflix carries these movies? I think it might be time for the ole switcheroo. :)

-John

Well I looked yesterday on Blockbuster and I couldnt find the new releases either, but i also have netflix and yes they have all of them.

Looks like I need to switch then. I have seen all of the HD DVDs in-store, so the in-store rentals don't give me much value anymore.

Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted. I'm down to less than 20 HD movies in my queue that I havent seen, and only one left in the store (U2). Other than that, I think I have seen all 100+ HD DVD movies there is (not counting documentary and music releases).

-John

Your blockbuster actually carries them? I subscribe to blockbuster too and they said that the stores were waiting until the format war was over.

actually i just looked on blockbuster and it says that they have Brokeback mtn, and black rain now, so maybe they just updated it today.

actually i just looked on blockbuster and it says that they have Brokeback mtn, and black rain now, so maybe they just updated it today.
Can you actually add them to your queue? I can't.

My store has had HD DVD since October, and has gotten more in every 3 weeks or so. Last new one was Mummy Returns (January release).

-John

Well i tried to add black rain and they dont have the hd dvd. Weird considering its under the HD Dvd category.

More movies were added that we can't add to our queue. Here's the canned response from a CSR. This sucks. I will probably end up cancelling and going with Netflix.

Hello John,

Thanks for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care.

I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced in adding movies to your queue. Please be advised that Internet Explorer is the preferred browser for our website and is the primary browser which our technical team has tested. You may find that other browsers such as Mozilla/Firefox, AOL/Netscape, Safari, and others are not completely compatible. Within Internet Explorer, you may need to reset your browser in case any temporary files have become corrupt. Simply navigate to Tools>Internet Options and click on both the ‘‘Delete Cookies’‘ and ‘‘Delete Files’‘ buttons, both listed under the Temporary Internet Files category. Within this category, you will also want to click the ''Settings'' button and verify that the "Every Visit to the Page'' option is enabled. After clicking "OK" to accept the settings, navigate to Tools>Internet Options and click on the Privacy Tab. Click the ''Advanced'' button; the "Override automatic cookie handling" box should be enabled with both the ‘‘First-Party Cookies’‘ and ‘‘Third-Party Cookies’‘ set to ‘‘Accept’‘. If the issue persists, you may have a version of spyware software such as ‘‘Ghost Surf’‘ that prevents your computer from successfully accessing all pages within our website. This type of software ‘‘erases your tracks’‘ while on the internet, impacting sign-in capabilities. You may need to disable this software while on our site. Please contact your ISP / Internet Service Provider if you have questions about disabling this functionality.

I hope that the information I have given helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions, and I will be very glad to assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I wish blockbuster wasnt gay, beucase i love how they give u a free game rental a month and u can go and exchange, so really you can get double the movies, but i really wish that blockbusters website was the netflix's

I use netflix for HD DVD's as I can not get any from Blockbuster here and shipping takes longer for them to get it too me.

This is so True! I am thinking about switching for this very reason! I can not hardly get a HD DVD or Blu ray. Then when they are in they say they shipped but takes a week or longer to get to me.

I haven't been able to add any of the new HD-DVD releases either. The old ones work fine on Blockbuster. I am lucky as my local blockbuster has a big selection (2 full racks) of HD-DVD, and 1 rack of Blu-Ray, so usually I'll have SD movies in my queue and trade for HD-DVD at the store.

My Blockbuster does a good job with both formats as far as availability. Blockbuster online has been a great investment for me. I have been able to get alot of older HD Dvd's which is really what I wanted anyway. With all of the free movies they throw in and the game rental per month I feel I am getting way more for the money than Netflix has to offer. I sub to the lowest mthly deal and I always have a movie or game in my hand. It really is a great deal for the 6 bucks a mth that I pay. For 6 bucks I get 4 rentals and a game rental. Some of the rentals in the store are for one week....the game rentals are for 5 days. I'm never leaving...too good of a deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts