Blockbuster rolls out Blu-Ray format across us and canada

As an experiment, I switched from Netflix to Blockbuster online a couple months back because I was having trouble getting the BDs I wanted from Netflix, and my nearest BB was also one of those "early adopter" stores. Getting BDs in the store quickly turned out to be a disappointment as they shortened their rental periods just two weeks after I switched. Consequently I dropped the "Total Access" part of the service but will continue with the online portion as I have been very satisfied since I seem to always get movies at the top of my queue, even ones that are listed as Long Waits. With Netflix, I was getting BDs 8-10 places down in my queue.

I thought about dropping netflix also, having a hard time getting blu-rays, but within the past month and a half blu-rays do not have very long wait anymore.

Yeah I use BlockBuster online and glad to hear this due to I plan on getting a BD Player later this summer..

I walked into my local BB today. They had half a wall of Blu Ray disc. Since I only live 3 miles from BB I just may cancel my on line and for the same money get thier movie pass and just pick them up myself.

Been renting Blu Ray and HD DVD at my BB store since October. In February they stopped getting in HD DVD. The sold out the remaining inventory and I bought a few HD DVD cheap $5 ea.
Now Blu Ray is exclusive and they have the kiosk. Trouble is they only get a few copies so it is hard to get new releases unless you get there at the right time. Hopefully this announcement will be an indicator that Blu Ray will be expanding in all these stores soon.