Blocking adult channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jameskris

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
How do I block the adult ppv channels on my 522 so they don't show up on the guide? I don't want my 7 year old and 9 year old flipping by them accidentally and have to answer a bunch of questions on those long road trips.

FYI, you have to do this with "both" receivers. Turning on "Adult Guard" is a per-receiver setting and the 522 has (2) receivers. I did this on my 2nd TV one day and thought it would be a "universal" change. Flipped through the guide on the 1st TV and there's the adult channels again.... Had to lock them out there too.

I just entered the Dish experience and opted for the 522 with the Dish 500 (free of course) and wanted to keep my kids from seeing programming while they are flipping channels. I checked the "Hide Adult" and set a pin but you can still hit browse and see all of the adult movie titles. Am I doing it wrong? I also have the favorites set to "sub" so I only get the ones that I am paying for (but still get a lot of the latin channels that say I need another dish to get). Oh yeah, I am also on the America's Choice 180 if that makes any difference. If you click on one of the channels it prompts for a password but I don't want them to show up at all.

By the way, setting the rating blocker to Voilence, Nudity, Sexual Situations caused ABC Family to prompt for a password. That was a little strange. I unchecked all of that and just left the typical rating system to work....I don't subscribe to any movie channels so it should be fine anyway.

Yes, you have to lock the system with a password to block the PPV's and the Adult channels as well as blocking them from the menu - the book that comes with the receiver tells you how, just takes to long to read it.

If you lock out a particular channel (Adult Lock Channel) it is supposed to lock out all of the adult channels. I wonder if this works when they add more adult channels to hide those automatically as well?

So that's what happened. I tried to lock out the Adult channels from my Menu. I left one of the AOLOCK channels unblocked so I could review it to see it I had left anything out. Well even though I left it unchecked, it was gone!

redhawk said:
Yes, you have to lock the system with a password to block the PPV's and the Adult channels as well as blocking them from the menu - the book that comes with the receiver tells you how, just takes to long to read it.

Thought I had done that....I will double check when I get home tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)