Blue Dragon - Xbox 360

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
My latest game has been Blue Dragon, Xbox's first exclusive jump into the wonderous world of RPG.

First off, if you don't like RPG's (Role Playing Games) then this game is definitely not for you. This is a typical RPG which some cool additions. The fighting isn't random (screw you and you're random battle crap FF & DQ!!), you see monsters and can avoid them or initiate a battle with them. That already gets a + in my book. The game's battle sequence is a the typical we hit, you hit process, execpt with the twist of speed and power playing a factor in when you're next turn is. So, speed actually has a visible purpose.

The story is predicable, but unbelievably well done from the voice acting to the graphics. I looked forward to playing this game every chance I had. It's a bit more cartoony than the FF series (FYI, The last 3 FF have felt more like interactive DVDs than an actual games, but I digress), but none the less a fun story to follow.

The game is 3 DVD's filled with content and cut-scenes, which equates to around 50 hours if you spend any time going after the non-required quests (which BTW, make the ending sooooo much easier). The cut-scenes are fairly short and well placed, you don't feel like you're waiting on them to play the game and as an added bonus you can end them early with the start button.

I wouldn't rate this game as well as Oblivion (the highest rated game on the xbox 360), but pretty damn close if you are an RPG fan. If you aren't an RPG fan then don't expect much from this one other than pretty graphics and great voice acting.

Thanks,

FYI, that demo makes the game look like poo..

the demo starts you in the middle of the game.. you're not put in knowing anything... the game is easy through the skills you get via the demo..

just a bad demo over all.. the game is much better than the demo shows.. I wouldn't have purchased the game based on the demo, but my wife picked it up for my birthday (since I was talking about it for a while) and I was very pleased.

I have been looking at this game for a long time. i love big RPG. it kinda looked like a updated version of like breath of fire. hence u calling dragons. i might need to get a 360 sooner that i expected. waiting for assasins creed and Fable 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)