Blue Jeans Cable HDMI - Belden Series-FE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I recently decided to re-run my cables, so I started looking at options. In the past I used Monoprice, and they were good, but the ones I had were too rigid. I swapped to Mediabridge, when I needed to get the newer High Speed cables, which have been good other than having the end of one actually become loose in the molding because of a tight bend. Since my stand is small and close to the wall, I decided to try out these BJC bonded cables since they come in lengths that increase by 1 foot increments (instead of the standard 3 ft, 6ft, etc...), the bonded tech seems like it makes sense for someone like me with tight turns and cramped spaces, and my previous luck with BJC.

Now, compared to Amazon basics, Mediabridge, Monoprice, the FE series are a bit more (BJC has a cheaper line that competes with the other brands better IMO), but they are on Amazon and eligible for Prime shipping which isn't bad at all. I grabbed a 5 footer, 7 footer and 8 footer, which were real close to the lengths I needed without having a lot of excess. The cables are as promised, thin gauge, flexible, and the ends of them are short which is also helpful on the back of an AVR in a tight stand. Some HDMI cables come with an end in the 1-2" range before the cord can really flex, and to me this puts too much stress on the end in tight area behind a certain piece of AV equipment.

Overall I'm really happy with the quality and flexibility and I'd buy them again even if they were a little more. I'm also currently using BJC 12ga speaker wire and my Sub cable was purchased from them as well. If you like made in the USA stuff, the cable part of it is made here, and then sent to China where the ends are applied, so at least a good portion of it is Made in the USA.

Previous Mediabridge
DTL_706_%20CNNCTR%20TOP.jpg

BJC
hdmi-cable-series-f2.jpg

Belden Bonded Tech (you got me on how much this really matters other than reliability over distance)
http://www.belden.com/docs/upload/CB006-2.pdf

http://www.belden.com/pdfs/pressrel/061609pr.pdf

I have a Media Bridge HDMI 1.4 cable and its well built but does not work with my DIRECTV HD-24 receiver. Its the only HDMI cable I have that wouldn't work on a piece of equipment.

Normally I order cables from Monoprice just because of the low price, but their shipping is SLOW to Connecticut.

I have not tried Blue Jean Cables yet but I have heard nothing but but good things. I met the owner of BJC a few years ago at a AVSForum party.

Thats weird it did not work with the HR24. I loved em up until the end just kinda snapped without a lot of tension. Coulda just been a flawed cable, but as stated, my stuff is crammed pretty tight.

My mediaBridge have worked on everything including my previous HR24s. The only cable I've ever owned that didn't work was the HDMI cable that came with the Oppo 93. It would not pass a 3D signal. Switched it out for, guess what, a Mediabridge. I have read good things about Blue Jean Cables, sorry the abbreviation just didn't look right, but I have never used them. I found my older monoprice to be too rigid, also. Still use a couple where no bends are needed.

S~

There are a few ways to solve this type of problem.

1) Put an HDMI switch in the cabinet and only send one cable to the display. This will minimize the number of tight bends you have, assuming the bends are on the path to display. This would also allow you to use cat5e/cat6 extenders to the display. Cat5/Cat6 has bend issues as well so if the angle is very severe it might not help.

2) Use angle adapters where possible to help with angles assuming the issue is at the component or display end with a very tight angle. This can get you a basically straight in solution on the cable.

Your solution certainly works, and given the short runs isn't expensive. I've personally never had an issue with the Monoprice HDMI cables, but I don't have any tight bends or severe angles I"m working with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts