HDMI to RF modulator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnny33156

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I'm looking for a HDMI to RF modulator. (single input)
My client had a CCTV recorder installed with only an HDMI output.
I would like something under $ 200.00.

Can anyone recommend a product.
All i could find was a Edison HDMI modulator
which would not ship to the US.

Thanks for any help

Thanks for your help but that product is not a modulator.
It transmits an HDMI signal over coax but is not right for my application.
I spoke with the web site that you recommended and they said that I would need
a high definition ATSC RF modulator for $ 299.00. Part # 33-11980 MCM Phone # 1-888-235-4692

Thanks for your help but that product is not a modulator.
It transmits an HDMI signal over coax but is not right for my application.
I spoke with the web site that you recommended and they said that I would need
a high definition ATSC RF modulator for $ 299.00. Part # 33-11980 MCM Phone # 1-888-235-4692
Well like I said,I didn't look too hard,sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

I've used the HDMI to composite converters before. You really lose lose a lot of video quality.
Can you recommend a good inexpensive one. I usually spend about $ 35.00 for a single input digital modulator
and the mix the local TV antenna and the modulated single on a backwards 2/way splitter.

An ATSC modulator is likely to be much more money than an appropriate DVR and as you pointed out, NTSC hoses detail and detail is what it is all about in surveillance cameras. Whether it is done in a converter box or a modulator, you're still going through at least one format conversion.

I'm not understanding why you need to modulate the output of the DVR. Would it not be more convenient and straightforward to pipe the HDMI into another input on the display(s)?

Remember that in a half-dozen years or so, NTSC tuners will be no more and the hybrid tuners will be DTV/ATSC 3.0. NTSC tuners are already disappearing from some popular consumer gear.

I think it is criminal that they call these things "digital modulators" when the signal that they produce is NTSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts