BlueHighways TV & AJE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
How hard would it be to get AJE news and Bluehighways on the same antenna feed ?
Satellite Information
blue highways tv is on this ? Is this C band or what ?
AMC-10, Transponder 15
Downlink Freq: 4013 MHz Vertical
Uplink Freq: 6238 Mhz
L-Band 1137
Symbol Rate: 7.32 Combined
FEC 3/4 VCT 690
EB/NO @ 7.5 or better
Digicipher II (Motorola DSR4410)
MPEG 27 Virtual Channel 126​
p { color: rgb(7, 84, 119); }

KG4KBU,

Not sure about your initial question, but the frequency you listed for Blue Highways TV is definitely C-Band. C-Band downlink frequencies are always in the 4 digit range ~3700 > ~ 4800 MHz.
Ku-Band downlinks are in the 5 digit range from ~10700 > 12700 MHz for NA. There is also the Ka band, higher than Ku band frequencies, typically 18.3-18.8 / 19.7-20.2 GHz for NA satellites. Not so certain about the Ka band satellite range. But, that is close.

AMC-10 is a C-Band only satellite at 135.0°W.

RADAR

I dont see it on Lyngat but it does say "Digicipher II (Motorola DSR4410)" so you would need some type of receiver that can do DCII like a 4DTV or possibly digitrans 7150

But I dont even know if its there still

I can receive Blue Highways TV using the Digitrans DTE 7150. It's in the same mux as Northwest Cable News. But it's not programmed correctly in the 4dtv channel maps (C4-801 has service number 21 instead of service number 27) and no generic exists for it. AJE News is on Galaxy 23, so you would have to move the dish.

I can receive Blue Highways TV using the Digitrans DTE 7150. It's in the same mux as Northwest Cable News. But it's not programmed correctly in the 4dtv channel maps (C4-801 has service number 21 instead of service number 27) and no generic exists for it. AJE News is on Galaxy 23, so you would have to move the dish.

Al-Jazeera International It's also at 97ºW Ku 12152 Horizontal, SR 20000, DVB-S, SD (i've been watching Egypt news for a week now, while at the same time i've been parked at 121ºW C to get France24, RussiaTV and a few more news channels including Al-Jazeera whenever my nephew wants to watch the Kuwait2 movies or cartoons or use the other prime focus to watch other sats = both a fixed 97ºW Ku and a Prime focus it's on a single receiver while the other prime focus dishes are set to another set of FTA receivers with DMSI double output LNBs).

So, he could have one in a relatively small offset dish with a cheap DVB-S receiver, while having his prime focus dish set at 105ºW C to get his fix of BlueHighways TV.

=)

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)