bluetooth headphones from dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
does anyone know if dish sells bluetooth headphones and if you bought them from dish how are they did they work with your hopper?any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras
Illinois

I think I bought mine from NewEgg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1TX0K17060
They work well, The wife goes to bed long before I do. Allows me to listen at a higher volume.
I have a friend who bought a pair of Nakamichi headphones at around $70 or so and he is having a problem.
Seems they will not reconnect to his Hopper with sling. Has to go into the Hopper menu each time he turns them on to get them to reconnect.
I have had two cheaper BT headphones and both autoconnected when powering them on again, so I was wondering if yours
autoconnect each time you turn them on?
He tried two headphones and two Hoppers, all failed to reconnect. Seems strange to me since mine reconnected just fine.

Both of mine failed, the first one after a few months and the second one the first day (sent it back for credit). Now looking for
another pair to try. The first pair won't power on unless I have them on charge and quit as soon as I pull the plug. Defeats the
usefulness of BT if you have to be tethered to a power source. (I may pick up one of those portable power batteries to slip into
my pocket to see if that is a viable option.
The second one would lose sound every time I did a pause, skip, or change the channel on my Hopper.

I have a few friends that bought from dish, but not sure if it is only a DSHS from techs or if they work from agents also. They all got theirs from the techs and love them.

They are Ihip Sideswipe headphones and are 99$ through Dish. If you have a Tech appointment you should be able to get some off them and it go directly on your dish bill.

They are SHS (Smart Home Service) approved.

I really like them.

I have a few friends that bought from dish, but not sure if it is only a DSHS from techs or if they work from agents also. They all got theirs from the techs and love them.

Gotta be added to a work order. Can be added by the tech, or by a Dish agent to a work order. Can't be simply sent/shipped to the customer. It's in the work order modifications/SHS, not in the list as an accessory order (like a remote antenna, etc). How do I know? An agent tried to send a set to a customer. Tried three times, charged the customer $99 three times. Does not create an outbound shipment. I had to fix that mess.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent Dish in any way, shape, or form.

How can you determine if a pair of headphones will auto recoonnect, short of buying a pair and trying?
I have two Bluetooth 4.0 receivers that do auto recoonnect:
Brightech BPT-100, Brightplay Car,
Victsing Link-485.
I have a slew of Bluetooth headphones, none of which will auto recoonnect
Is there a list?
Is it the Bluetooth version or the audio profile?

How can you determine if a pair of headphones will auto recoonnect, short of buying a pair and trying?

I have a slew of Bluetooth headphones, none of which will auto recoonnect
Is there a list?
Is it the Bluetooth version or the audio profile?
It seems that buy and try is the only foolproof way. Some quote that they will auto reconnect in the product description and they should work properly it would seem.

I've been lucky with the auto reconnect on three but other problems made two of them useless.
My favorite so far is a BT receiver clip called ADAPT from "OUTDOOR TECH which I can use with any non-BT headphones which is really nice since the non-BT headphones I have are very light and can be worn for hours with no discomfort.

A list of those that do auto reconnect would be nice to have. (along with a list that DON'T)

Both were on sale at a great price, so I have the extra one to use with my phone or tablet when needed. Only use one with my HWS, so far no issues. Guess you could always unpair & reset if a conflict?

i just wish you could pair more than two devices at a time maybe one of these days this will be fixed.just an idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)