Boarding politics, but just dumb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
I got a inspection from the "fire marshal today at work. Big old fat gut, remined me of Cannon from the 70's. Took a look at the first fire extinguisher in the office and told me it was out of date. He said they are only good for a year and were last inspected in December of 2021 I said that makes thecurrent he said no they are only good for a year? Long story short he wa going to shut me dowm until I called the Police They fimally explained to him this was 2022 and he was driving a engine. WTH has this world come to?

Most jurisdictions require a periodic pressure test in addition to annual or bi-annual "inspections" (checking the pressure and making sure the tamper seal hasn't been broken).
Yes, that is correct.

Most jurisdictions require a periodic pressure test in addition to annual or bi-annual "inspections" (checking the pressure and making sure the tamper seal hasn't been broken).
My pre-retirement employer used a company that replaced the current extinguishers with refurbished, recertified units every 5 years with annual inspections in between. I always wondered about the inspections being done by the same company that supplied the extinguishers, but apparently that was accepted by the fire department inspector that checked the tags annually during his/her overall safety inspection.

One funny incident happened when a fire department safety inspector went ballistic after he saw where an underbrush fire behind our plant came within about 50 feet of our paint and chemical storage bunkers. We finally got him settled down when we showed him the video of the fire department conducting a controlled burn that he was not aware of. The bunkers actually had a firetruck parked between them and the fire.

We also as part of our daily area and vehicle inspections make sure the extinguishers have not been discharged (needle in green) and replace if they have. I have 2-new 5#er's in my office I ordered June 2nd, came in yesterday. (supply chain is slow...)

I've had the same halon extinguisher in my "area" (wherever the "server" is) for what must be approaching 40 years. It was supposedly getting pressure tested every few years when it was being actively maintained.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)