Bob Bogle of rock band The Ventures dies at 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad news indeed. I bought 26 of their albums in the record store in Roswell, just a little ways north of dfergie back in the early to middle sixties.. Gonna load up a Ventures station on Slacker today.... RIP Bob, thanks for all the great sounds.

Sad news indeed. I bought 26 of their albums in the record store in Roswell, just a little ways north of dfergie back in the early to middle sixties.. Gonna load up a Ventures station on Slacker today.... RIP Bob, thanks for all the great sounds.

How many albums did these guys make? I can only think of three songs off the top of my head.

How many albums did these guys make? I can only think of three songs off the top of my head.

There were about 96 albums total, not including the 4 album learn to play guitar series. They had 40 albums chart and 17 of them were in the Top 40. They had 4 Top 20 singles, Walk-Don't Run, Perfidia, Walk-Don't Run 64, and Hawaii Five-O.

Bobby, you must have some collection, it probably dwarfs the approximately 1K albums and CD's I own. Most of my collection predates 1990.

Last edited:
Bobby, you must have some collection, it probably dwarfs the approximately 2K albums and CD's I own. Most of my collection predates 1990.

Nah, I have a bit over half of what you have. Most of my collection consists of 50's, 60's and 70's. A good bit of that is greatest hits of artists and collections of great hits by multiple artists.

Ive got a buddy who is getting ready to dump all his vinyl. He has no room for it all. his collection is probably somewhere around 7K. It takes up a whole bedroom. I'm getting first crack at it, and my wife will not be pleased that I'm adding anything to my collection. BTW, I edited my numbers, my collection is about 1K, not 2K, hit the wrong button and didn't proof read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts