Bogus charge by EClub which was provided my credit card number form Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scorpion.sting

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Logansport, IN
Hi, Has anyone else gotten a charge on their credit card for $19.05 From EClub? I just did and called my credit card company to dispute the charge and I find that some how they got my credit card number from Dish Network, but E* denies everything. please let me know if anyone else has seen this kind of bogus charge.:devil:

Last edited:
File a fraud charge through your local police department as well as with your cc company, also be sure to do your own investigations into eclub as well and see if you can get any and all contact info for eclub from your cc company including how the charge and all information apears on your account. Three months ago I got hit for a $299.99 charge on my checking account for a company that I have never heard of or dealt with, they used a 4 year old address aswell as reversing my first and last name. After disputing the charge at the bank I took a copy of the statement with all contact information and started doing my own research and found that there is no way to contact the company by phone as its voicemail is always full and the address is for a pobox in jersey. The second bank involved in the transaction is bankone and they are very much unwilling to help in the fraud investigation.

My money was returned to me by the bank but by the time it was all said and done I had shredded all documents in the house, made a new bank account, did a change of address to a pobox, changed the billing and shipping address for every single company that I deal with, and bought a safe.

I've never heard of Dish releasing people's CC#'s. The credit card company says that they actually contacted this Eclub and were given Dish Network's name as a source? If so, couldn't they provide you with the contact info for this Eclub so you could talk to them and find out what good/service they are supposedly providing you for this fee? I tried a couple google searches and couldn't find an eclub relating to Dish but did see this: www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=185896. I would try to find out who the retailer/contracter was that did your install. A lot of times when you see an ad for Dish and call them up to get installed, it is actually a retailer's ad, they just put Dish as the company and may answer the phone as Dish Network to try avoid confusing people, it is normal for them to take your CC# for the Dish application but of course shouldn't be released to anybody else. I can't imagine that this is some sort of program set up by Dish, seems more likely there is some sort of theft going on here whether the card number was stolen from Dish Network, a less than reputable retailer, or spyware on your computer.

Scorpion.sting said:
Hi, Has anyone else gotten a charge on their credit card for $19.05 From EClub? I just did and called my credit card company to dispute the charge and I find that some how they got my credit card number from Dish Network, but E* denies everything. please let me know if anyone else has seen this kind of bogus charge.:devil:
There are tons of posts about seemingly unauthorized charges of $19.05 by "E-Club Marketing." In virtually every case, it seems that we ultimately find out that these folks are a marketing firm that sells, among other things, Dish TV. I'm betting that you initiated contact with them to establish Dish servoce. While you thought you were talking to "Dish," you actually were talking to these folks - who may even have identified themselves as "Dish Network" or similar. It wasn't Dish that gave them your Credit Card #, it was you.

I have no idea what the $19.05 Charge is for - if it isn't spelled out in the Ad or in a Contract you signed when the install was done, I would also fight the charge.

Here is some info for you:

Google on: " E-Club Marketing "

Also

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results...=&SearchType=0&Entry=16&DateRange=6&hasPhoto=

Last edited:
aaronhoes said:
I've never heard of Dish releasing people's CC#'s. The credit card company says that they actually contacted this Eclub and were given Dish Network's name as a source? If so, couldn't they provide you with the contact info for this Eclub so you could talk to them and find out what good/service they are supposedly providing you for this fee? I tried a couple google searches and couldn't find an eclub relating to Dish but did see this: www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=185896. I would try to find out who the retailer/contracter was that did your install. A lot of times when you see an ad for Dish and call them up to get installed, it is actually a retailer's ad, they just put Dish as the company and may answer the phone as Dish Network to try avoid confusing people, it is normal for them to take your CC# for the Dish application but of course shouldn't be released to anybody else. I can't imagine that this is some sort of program set up by Dish, seems more likely there is some sort of theft going on here whether the card number was stolen from Dish Network, a less than reputable retailer, or spyware on your computer.
I think you nailed it - see my response above.

Yep, your right SaliDawg, I went through a middleman instead of Dish directly. I have gotten the charges taken off my credit card. and I plan on talking to the folks that initiated this charge in the first place so it dont happen again. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)